Gibson Brands Forums

What's wrong with this picture...?

daveinspain

TrueTone1.jpg

Well other than John Popper pushing maximum capacity of the stool his butt is devouring and the near miss of plumbers crack.....

hmmmm

- No Gibsons appear to be easily accessible and I can't see any Epiphones

- The Bass guitars are in front of the Guitars

- No Marshalls in sight

- No kids running rampant

- No Sales person Staring over his shoulder

- Good selection for a small store

Other than that you got me...

Andy

Riffster and Zigzag, were the closest... There is nothing really wrong with the photo but it sort of struck me like a sign of the times... There is a room full of great guitars, amps and gear with just one guy in the middle with no one to help him or other people looking to buy.

I took the photo at Truetone Music in Santa Monica, California a couple summers ago. Bought my Johnny A. there. It's an amazing store. There is another room with just as many guitars and more gear. They do have S G's and blue guitas... :rolleyes:

Thanks for playing... :-)

Rifster and Zigzag, were the closest... There is nothing really wrong with the photo but it sort of struck me like a sign of the times... There is a room full of great guitars, amps and gear with just one guy in the middle with no one to help him or other people looking to buy.

I took the photo at Truetone Music in Santa Monica, California a couple summers ago. Bought my Johnny A. there. It's an amazing store. There is another room with just as many guitars and more gear. they do have S G's and blue guitas...

Thanks for playing... :-)

how is that wrong? when i am seriously trying out guitars i want to buy, i want to be left alone not have the store filled with people trying to figure out a pentatonic scale or a salesman asking me if i also tried out "x-brand" guitar instead.

there is nothing wrong with this picture, y'allins are crazy

how is that wrong? when i am seriously trying out guitars i want to buy, i want to be left alone not have the store filled with people trying to figure out a pentatonic scale or a salesman asking me if i also tried out "x-brand" guitar instead.

there is nothing wrong with this picture, y'allins are crazy

I agree with this. When I'm trying gear, I don't want the sales people bugging me unless I ask for help or advice. In the case of guitars and ams, I don't need help, just time to myself to test the prospects and make a decision. since pedals are all under glass or behind the counter, I have no choice but to ask for help.

When sales people do try to help me the first thing I do is go out of my way to find something better than the salesman's suggestions...sometimes I do, sometimes I admit defeat and buy what they suggest (but only after exhausting EVERY possible alternative choice).

Archived