Gibson Brands Forums

Practiced with my Marshall after fixing it, it sounds great with a few dings!

FenderGuy1

The amp is a marshall MG15FX (i know the MG series might be crap to you but its not crap to me) this is what it looks like. marshall.jpg The pic is not mine since my camera broke

when u grow up u will know it's crap... along with ur tv collection... sorry to break it down like that.

^^^^^^^I'd be the first one to admit that they can kick because they're an absolute blast to drive but you'd be hard pressed to blow the doors off a Gallardo in one.^^^

I know what you mean, but my friend had an MG B, and a different girlfriend every other week [flapper]

Congratulations, on your repaired Marshall. Enjoy it! It's just fine, for

your needs, at the moment. As you progress, you'll (no doubt) change amps...

maybe many times. Just have fun, with what you have, now, and make the

best use of it. Not everyone needs, or can afford 100 watt tube combos,

1/2 stacks, for full stacks! Learn to play, the best you can, and move up,

accordingly, as you progress, and as your finances allow. [thumbup][biggrin]

CB

If I may offer a little bit of helpful advice.In order to get every nuance of a song like the Star Spangled Banner you first have to really study the melody and make sure that you hit all the proper notes before you try to emulate his moves like his famous arm in the air move,without a lot of practice that can looked staged,stilted and out of place.A lot of players both young and old try to rush into things and play songs without knowing every little nuance of them as I stated earlier.What worked best for me was to listen to the song that I wanted to learn over and over and picture what the guitarist is doing in my mind's eye.Only when I knew the song inside and out would I attempt to play it.Anyway lots of luck with it and just remember that even though it may seem boring and frustrating repetition and practice is the real secret to becoming a great player.

A +1 from here!

Hey, ok, I know it's not quite note-for-note but it's a pretty decent attempt at what is, after all, an iconic performance of the piece.

Good for you for posting it too!

Without a doubt you'll continue to improve the more you practice.

[thumbup]

P.

Guest farnsbarns

WELL DONE! And that amp sounds pretty good to me, I'd go as far as to say it's about the best Hendrix tone I've heard on here.

I don't think the TV posts have done you any favours and I'm not gonna pretend I'm a fan of 'em, but you're young, some of the "adults" on here who have had a dig at you on this thread and insulted your amp should bloody well be ashamed of themselves IMHO.

When I was your age I had a VERY cheap Sunn Mustang ST-10 which really did blow hard. The vid is more evidence of your apparent potential. Don't let any bitter old farts put you off guitar, you really have raw talent and you WILL be a VERY good guitarist one day.

A +1 from me.

Archived