Gibson Brands Forums

How many Gibsons do you currently have????

onewilyfool

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1) 1972 Gibson SJ Deluxe

2) 1965 Gibson LG1

3) 1965 Gibson 125TC

4) 1994 Gibson Gospel 100th Anniversary Model

5) 2006 Gibson Custom Shop J-45 1964 Reissue

6) 1965 Gibson TG0 (tenor)

7) 1956 NY Epiphone F79 (pre-Texan)

8) 1936 NY Epiphone Zenith (archtop)

9) 1965 Kalamazoo Epiphone FT30 Caballlero

10) 1965 Kalamazoo Model 2 Amp

11) 12) 13) Three Import Epiphone guitars (2 electric, one FT)

QM aka Jazzman Jeff

• 6 months later...

Since I first responded to this back in March, I've added a 1943 SJ Fuller's re-issue, which is a really, really nice guitar. Since this photo was taken, the pickguard has been re-positioned, vintage bone pins have been added, and the original screwed-in endpin has been replaced by a properly-done tapered bone endpin.

It's a wonderful-sounding guitar, and that Luthier's Choice neck is really WIDE.

SJ2.jpg

Since I first responded to this back in March, I've added a 1943 SJ Fuller's re-issue, which is a really, really nice guitar. Since this photo was taken, the pickguard has been re-positioned, vintage bone pins have been added, and the original screwed-in endpin has been replaced by a properly-done tapered bone endpin.

It's a wonderful-sounding guitar, and that Luthier's Choice neck is really WIDE.

SJ2.jpg

Good lord, that is a thing of beauty Nick !

I went down memory lane also and seems I had four at that time, which has grown to six since.

No question I have more Gibsons than I need, but then what I need and what I want are two different things ....much to guitar manfuacturers delight ... :rolleyes:

btw: is that your backyard in Florida, looks like you live in the Amazon jungle !

Good lord, that is a thing of beauty Nick !

btw: is that your backyard in Florida, looks like you live in the Amazon jungle !

That's our little suburban jungle in Florida. The Australian tree fern just behind the guitar should make you a bit nostalgic.......

SJ2.jpg

What profile is that neck ?

What profile is that neck ?

A Gibson expert like Jeremy Morton or modoc_333 could probably describe it properly. I would call the cross-sectional profile a "flattened D" shape. Because of the width of the fretboard (about like a JB), the neck would be fairly massive in a more traditional V-profile. The total cross-sectional area is probably similar to that of a V-neck, but the distribution of area is quite different. It is generally shallower than the V-neck.

By the way, every Gibson I own (six right now) has a different neck profile.

Aww shucks fellers, thanks for the compliments. It's a good thing it suits my needs cause I would never be able to afford another Gibby without stumbling onto another deal such as my beater.

Lucky I can afford the Chinese and strange French stuff.

Only differences that you may spot in the photos; Grover chrome button tuners replaced with Kluson SD9005MNP butterbeans orig. pins replaced with Pearse buffalo horn MOP inset, and orig nut and saddle replaced with bone (compensated saddle)

Think I've posted these before but since I'm forced inside by the weather and spending my time here....for your viewing pleasure,

5277986705_b7816a344b.jpg

5278594110_9f13661038.jpg

5278592104_7cd9d7ba07.jpg

Archived