Gibson Brands Forums

$25,000.00 for a Fuzz Pedal?

bluesguitar65

It's been opened, thus voiding the warranty........Total buzzkill............

I'm also not sure if the guitarist from the " Bay City Rollers" actually qualifies to be called a " Progressive Rock Legend. "

I have some belly button lint that was collected while wearing a Metallica Tee-shirt during the first concert of their first world tour. Just saying...

A true collectible. I'll trade you my laptop for it.

I'm also not sure if the guitarist from the " Bay City Rollers" actually qualifies to be called a " Progressive Rock Legend. "

Me neither. I'd much rather spend the money on other things.

personally, if i had that sort of money i wouldn't spend it on either. but 25k for a effect pedal? come on! is someone actually gonna pay that?, are you sure it wasn't listed on APRIL 1st? :unsure:

Mmmm the Buzzaround is good but not $25,000.. I dunno where they got that price from. It seems pretty unrealistic..

bluesguitar you would really love a Buzzaround by the way. You should build one! Madbean sells a board for that circuit. I had an Earthquaker Devices Sound Shank (Ge Buzzaround clone) and it seriously ripped. Totally psychedelic Tone Bender style fuzz. You could get all Robert Fripp with it, or just rock out. S'all good.

Mmmm the Buzzaround is good but not $25,000.. I dunno where they got that price from. It seems pretty unrealistic..

bluesguitar you would really love a Buzzaround by the way. You should build one! Madbean sells a board for that circuit. I had an Earthquaker Devices Sound Shank (Ge Buzzaround clone) and it seriously ripped. Totally psychedelic Tone Bender style fuzz. You could get all Robert Fripp with it, or just rock out. S'all good.

Yea, I'm really getting interested in that Buzzaround. Is it very easy to get parts for it?

Yea, I'm really getting interested in that Buzzaround. Is it very easy to get parts for it?

Yep just get a Tone Bender matched transistor set from smallbearelec.com and you're set for transistors. The rest of the parts will just be normal easy to find stuff. I could help you with sourcing parts if you have any trouble.

Yep just get a Tone Bender matched transistor set from smallbearelec.com and you're set for transistors. The rest of the parts will just be normal easy to find stuff. I could help you with sourcing parts if you have any trouble.

I just went to smallbear and the equivalent transistors for the NKT213 is $18 each and you need three matched set, $54.00 just for the transistors alone. [scared]

I was just going through some ads in the April Issue of Vintage Guitar Mag. and for this guy asking for the pedal I could buy 3 '65 Fenders in mint condition: a Strat,a Jaguar and a Jazzmaster.The Les Paul isn't so over the top in pricing as the book value is fron $19,000-$24,000 for a mint or near mint example with OHSC,but whereas the guitar has quite a bit of crazing and checking the price he's asking for this is very optimistic too.

BTW if his '66 Baldwin pedal is worth $26,000 because it was made in limited quanities,then my '66 Tim's Own Fuzzer Buzzer-which was made in Boston I believe-should be worth even more as there were even fewer of these made and the design is almost identical.Alas I live in Newfoundland not Disneyland and I'm compelled to ask real world prices for my gear,not dream world prices that pop into my head.

I don't know if I would have much of a use for either (unless that LP really spoke to me if I played it), but my last name is Baldwin, and the chick posing with the LP was hotter than the mid-day sun, so looking at them on the was worth it!

Archived