Gibson Brands Forums

How about a "Shotgun Blasted" Studio?

trapdoorspider

Seriously!? :blink:

So, someone took a couple of shots at a LP Studio, Burnt it, Broke the headstock and repaired it, then put it on Ebay for 500.00. Not sure who needs to be "fixed" first. The buyer of that abortion or the seller.

it was probably the other way around.

He broke the neck, tried to repair it, it didn't work out to well.

He decided to torch the thing (aka Jimmy Hendrix style) then a light bulb went off in someone's head to sell it on ebay.

maybe worth $50 for the pickups

Here are the pictures:

$(KGrHqVHJBcE9rU8D!43BPjIDNdbJQ~~60_58.JPG

$(KGrHqVHJFIE92EZwDTUBPjIDF5Ei!~~60_58.JPG

$(KGrHqFHJF!E919o(pW5BPjIC42b(Q~~60_58.JPG

I don't know... the most moronic thing about this isn't the shotgun blasts or finish torching...

it's this statement -- "pickups are excellent sounding hand picked epiphone pickups"

I mean look at fender... they purposely f&c% up the guitar body of strats and teles only to call them "relicd" and sell them for a higher price... kind of the same thing this guy is doing, only he is not a multi million dollar company...

Looking at the photograph of the back, it's pretty obvious the body has been smashed into three pieces, and re glued bady with some missing wood. So, we have an instrument with a badly smashed body, a very poor repair, and a broken headstock. Worth only the value of the hardware, maybe $100. so WE SET FIRE TO IT, SHOOT IT, and ask $500. i'm not sure which is the greater sign of insanity, the act itself, or the possibility that there really is a market for this abomonation.

Archived