Gibson Brands Forums

I'm thinking of getting a Gibson for my wife.....

onewilyfool

She's not really interested in playing guitar....but I want to include her in my hobby. If she doesn't play it, I will probably keep it in tune, and set up properly if she ever does want to play it. Might as well keep it in the music room with my other guitars....What do you think???

Hey Willy,

With all greatest respect, i think you're crazy [flapper] .

If you lived in the UK, you could have my old acoustic, can you not just get her a $50 beater?

In the long run she'll be more appreciative of the better guitars, I thought that was part of our journey that brought us here.

Hey Willy,

With all greatest respect, i think you're crazy [flapper] .

If you lived in the UK, you could have my old acoustic, can you not just get her a $50 beater?

In the long run she'll be more appreciative of the better guitars, I thought that was part of our journey that brought us here.

He's joking :(

Be a man and let her do what my wife did years ago - she took her pick of my guitars.

What did she pick you ask.

Answer - my 1960 J200.

When we first met she wanted nothing to do with the J200. Too gaudy she said. Then she played it. Big mistake on my part. She could not sell her 1994 J100 XTRA fast enough which left her needing a guitar. So my Gibson became her Gibson.

How could you not love a woman like that.

Archived