Gibson Brands Forums

Amy Winehouse

daveinspain

That poor girl's life was like a run-away train-you knew that she was destined to crash but didn't know when or where.What sickened me most was the ghouls that came out in droves after her death proclaiming almost in glee.."I told you so." like they had made some great psychic prediction in forecasting her death.At least the poor girl is at peace in God's hands now...at least He won't be judgemental of her and the tragic way she died.

Is she a junkie or what?

Like most things in life there's a whole pallette of grey in there....

She seemed to be getting things together several times over the last couple of years, but there were always people there to 'help' her when she needed to self-destruct once more.

A terribly sad end to the ultimately (almost) wasted life of a very talented singer. Her voice has often been compared favourably to that of Billie Holiday.

P.

Was she? I thought she was all pills and booze?

That's only the beginning......

Like I used to think Ace Frehley was all alcohol (and Peter was the one with the pills and hard drugs, etc), until I read his book. Coke, pills, tranquilizers, uppers, downers, all-arounders, weed (I don't think it's a bad drug. It's better than alcohol.), etc. But I was surprised to find that he never dropped acid in his younger years (which being a product of the late 60s scene, is rare), or tried heroin. But if he had tried the latter, he probably would be up there with Eric Carr (RIP!). I should have known prior to reading as I knew what the song Snow Blind was all about.

Anyways, she did everything!

That's only the beginning......

Like I used to think Ace Frehley was all alcohol (and Peter was the one with the pills and hard drugs, etc), until I read his book. Coke, pills, tranquilizers, uppers, downers, all-arounders, weed (I don't think it's a bad drug. It's better than alcohol.), etc. But I was surprised to find that he never dropped acid in his younger years (which being a product of the late 60s scene, is rare), or tried heroin. But if he had tried the latter, he probably would be up there with Eric Carr (RIP!). I should have known prior to reading as I knew what the song Snow Blind was all about.

Anyways, she did everything!

Sheesh, would you PLEASE stop turning every thread into a KISS thread? It's common courtesy to respect the thread...

Sheesh, would you PLEASE stop turning every thread into a KISS thread? It's common courtesy to respect the thread...

I'm not doing anything wrong. I thought my misconception of Ace's past drug abuse related to Surfpup's misconception of Amy's past drug abuse, so I posted it. If I mentioned Hendrix then nobody would get mad. But I ain't doin' no harm. I'm not bragging about myself, posting lies, and or getting political like some individuals on this forum have. Oh, and I haven't (and won't!) posted any threads that criticize The Fab Four in any way. And my post didn't refer to Gene, Paul or anyone else that has ever set foot in KISS (except for when I BRIEFLY mentioned Peter and Eric Carr). So my KISSing up (pun of the day!) certain threads should be the least of your worries. Like when Fuzzy Fred (I KNOW HE'S BANNED!) used to talk about Wilco and The Black Keys all the time I don't recall any criticism being thrown at him. Just because I tend to talk about groups that tend to be laughed upon or don't get much mention here (usually in favor of bands I am sick and tired of hearing about and or don't like. I mean, Hendrix will always be God but haven't we had enough Hendrix threads?) doesn't mean I am doing anything wrong. Sheesh right back to you!

Drugs and fame did her in and the world just laughed and bullied her rather than help.......a lesson for all,

what a great talent she was..R.I.P Amy.....a clip when she was younger

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFcG0pBhKPA

Cheers Rowdymoon

She is so real here and full of life - She was a great musician.

I chucked when Jonathan Ross praises her (and him) for being common saying it is refreshing [thumbup] - it's pretty true, that her accent is a much more accurate depiction how someone in London sounds than **** Van Dyke or the Roger Moore accent LOL

Matt

Archived