Gibson Brands Forums

What was your morning "wake up" song today?

Markus78

Some people go smoking with coffee before they go to work every morning... i don't smoke, but I have a same kind of habit too. I usually sit back and listen

atleast one song with my coffee before I go to work. It gives me good mood to start new day. Here is my "wake up" song today:

I was wondering, do you have same kind of habits? or what was your first song that you listened today?

First song on the train this morning on my BEATS; quite ironically "Good Day Sunshine" by The BeaTles, ironic because I was travelling at 140mph through a darken cloud covered, rain soaked countryside with howling winds and the occassional lightening flash.

WK

Sadly I woke up to he neighbors dog braking it's head off for no apparent reason. But then I went into my art studio and spent the whole day listen to Warren Haynes and Govt Mule recorded live concerts. I thinks it so cool they record almost every concert and sell them dirt cheap. Hell there so coo about it the sound guy saw me recording with a handheld ad called me over I thought he was gonna tell me I couldn't do it anymore or something instead he just sound I wouldn't get much of a recording in a wheelchair and offered to plug it into an out on his board he told me to swing by at the end to pick it up. When I went back he gave me my recorder and seven unmarked CD-RW and said here's the last weeks worth of shows they've been on fire man. And that was after Warren had walked up and handed me about five of his printed picks and the set-list from the night with all of Govt mule had autographed. Now thats a cool band.

This post got me thinking...I might listen to too much BeaTles. I seem to just mix between The BeaTles, White Stripes, Martin Scorsese's "Best of the Blues" album and, randomly and on occasion in the gym Wu-Tang.

That is it. I've got like 32gb of music and that's all I listen to :D

Sadly I woke up to he neighbors dog braking it's head off for no apparent reason. But then I went into my art studio and spent the whole day listen to Warren Haynes and Govt Mule recorded live concerts. I thinks it so cool they record almost every concert and sell them dirt cheap. Hell there so coo about it the sound guy saw me recording with a handheld ad called me over I thought he was gonna tell me I couldn't do it anymore or something instead he just sound I wouldn't get much of a recording in a wheelchair and offered to plug it into an out on his board he told me to swing by at the end to pick it up. When I went back he gave me my recorder and seven unmarked CD-RW and said here's the last weeks worth of shows they've been on fire man. And that was after Warren had walked up and handed me about five of his printed picks and the set-list from the night with all of Govt mule had autographed. Now thats a cool band.

I saw Warren here last year at The Factory in Marrickville. The man is a genius and a gentleman. The king of slide players for sure.

Cheers,

Luke

1st song yesterday was on my way to work @ 5:pm, a really great version of Howlin' Wolfs "Highway 49" with either Charlie Williams or Charlie Waters (they played diff. songs on my compilation CD) on lead w/Wolf pounding out rythyms, blowin' the harp, and moanin' at the moon.

1st song this morning(home from work @ 3:30am)was Motleys' "Primal Scream".......

I just cranked the pre-amp up on my Blues Sonic, & i'm fixing to attack it !! [woot]

Guest rogerb

Oddly enough it was "City of New Orleans: by Arlo Guthrie.

It caught my attention because my wife and I took that train ride last summer just for the adventure.

Drank a pot of coffee... Smoked a bit of tobacco before shaving...

And had Black Mountain Rag flatpicking variations running through my head even though I'm a 99.7 percent fingerpicker.

m

I wake up to beep beep beep beep beep beep beep beep beep beep beep beep beep beep beep beep beep beep beep beep beep beep beep beep beep beep beep beep...

I think you get the picture

Archived