Gibson Brands Forums

Just saw the Movie "Country Strong"......

onewilyfool

There were sure a lot of Gibsons in that film......lol....that was nice to see, wouldn't you agree????

C&W's, CF100's. Gwynetth. Gibsons, Gwynetth. Gwynetth.

Didn't Elvis do that story first?

Gwynetth sure going to get the gig before you or me though, Wily! Don't matter if that strange lookin' G chord she plays is right.....

BluesKing777.

I agree, Wiley. Great looking Gibbys in the movie. As already said, the acting kinda sucked, BUT I thought that the songs and singing were fantastic! I mean, it's country but it was very good music. The actors sang really well in my opinion!

I agree, Wiley. Great looking Gibbys in the movie. As already said, the acting kinda sucked, BUT I thought that the songs and singing were fantastic! I mean, it's country but it was very good music. The actors sang really well in my opinion!

I agree....and there was an interesting back and forth with the young girl about REAL country and "country pop" (are you listening Taylor Swift??) that I thought was just great!

For an actress, she does a pretty decent job of being a singer. She don't look bad, either......

I seem to recall reading that she started out wanting to be a singer and then decided to follow in her mom's footsteps - her mom is Blythe Danner - and become an actress...

For the most part, I was VERY impressed to say the least by Garrett Hedlund in this movie. His singing and playing were as good as anything you hear on country music radio today. For an actor, I think he hit it out of the park on this one.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBCXvTKeVhM&list=FLqrdF2r4RM2jt_gcu6dLzKQ&index=51&feature=plpp_video

Ms Paltrow does a very good job for singing not being her calling. Having Vince Gil as a sideman certainly doesn't hurt with the cred, either!

OMG!! Buck...when I watched and listened to that video that's EXACTLY what I thought....shoot......I'D sound good if Vince was my sideman!

Gwyneth was a poor choice (Miley Cyrus wasn't available?) Honestly, the Paltro part was probably written for someone like Reba McEntire or other... how should I say this?... a real live, professional, female country artist with.... um... experience.

The plot seemed disjointed.

The music was better than mediocre... but then again that was what the story was about, a singer earning her chops, polishing her act.

Gibsons made the show worth seeing through to the credits.

Oh, and Karen, :

[drool] has a up-chucky look to it.

[bored]:-$ and :-& both have a queeziness look to it.

Yeah, we could go for a couple more emoticons. One with a guit tar picker would be nice. But they only give is a fiddler.

I am typically not a big fan of country music movies. I know that comes from growing up around Nashville and working in the industry so long. I see all of the mistakes and the cliches'. One exception being 'Walk Hard- The Dewey Cox Story'.

Paltrow does have a nice voice, but the story was just not believeable.

... but the story was just not believeable.

My guess is the believable wouldn't put bums on seats in the cinema, hollywood loves its downtrodden heroes/heroines who dust themselves down and get back up, most fictional music related fails are the same... I suppose a movie about being in the back of a tourbus, soundchecking, dodgy catering, some inner-circle *****ing, the hiring and firing of half a dozen session guys whilst trying to make a song out of the same old ideas and lyrics, some ropey gigs soundwise, displaying the ambition that it takes to get there, the toes that were stepped on, the back-biting in response to that ambition/success, the palm-greasing etc.. wouldn't make for that great or glorious a movie....

Drugs, sex, rehab, and a rebuilt-hero is what sells..... Hollywood is obsessed with the 'coming good' storyline...

Archived