Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson-less

Thundergod

That's it, I just got a call from a guy who had shown interest on my last Gibson and he said he's coming with cash. [thumbup]

That's the last one I had, the melody maker... and I wasn't planning on selling her but he made a great offer.

Anyway, after owning 4 of them, I no longer own a Gibson guitar, and I don't miss any of them. I am quite grateful to have been able to sell the "original robot" for a nice profit. Same goes for the others... got to play them for a couple of years, and then sold them for a profit which means I got paid to play with some pretty nice toys that are hard to come by down here.

Right now I'm planning my next purchase... it will be another telecaster, I want to have at least 5 of them by the end of the year. [flapper]

As you were.

Right now I'm planning my next purchase... it will be another telecaster, I want to have at least 5 of them by the end of the year. [flapper]

As you were.

I wonder if you will be able to sell any of those after a couple years for a profit.... [flapper]

If buying guitars in order to sell them for a profit is the only reason you buy guitars, then I am sad for ya. Play the darn things and make music!

[thumbup]

You can do both you know. [biggrin]

No, i'm just saying play your guitars whether you are gonna sell them for a profit, for a loss, or not sell em at all.

If you buy a guitar only to sell it for a profit, and not for playin...you got problems I can't solve. :)

TG, you need a semi-hollow with P-90s to round out your sound. Now it's like... hhmmmm... I played the Tele last Thursday, and the other Tele last Friday, and the other Tele last Saturday, and the other Tele last Sunday... I think I'll play the other Tele tonight just to mix things up a little. [flapper]

That's it, I just got a call from a guy who had shown interest on my last Gibson and he said he's coming with cash. [thumbup]

That's the last one I had, the melody maker... and I wasn't planning on selling her but he made a great offer.

Anyway, after owning 4 of them, I no longer own a Gibson guitar, and I don't miss any of them. I am quite grateful to have been able to sell the "original robot" for a nice profit. Same goes for the others... got to play them for a couple of years, and then sold them for a profit which means I got paid to play with some pretty nice toys that are hard to come by down here.

As you were.

Oh well. Never mind.........That's only 12,927 posts down the swanny.

TG, if you're happy then we're happy! The good news is that we now both have the same guitar in mind for our next purchase. This is what I'm looking to get (American Vintage '52 Telecaster Reissue):

0100202850_frt_wmd_001.jpg

He's switching over to playing only country music now he just doesn't want to admit it. He's married now no more rock and roll instead being THUNDERGOD he's gonna change his name forum name to rumbleguy.

Just kidding he won't last six months and he'll own a LP again. [laugh]

As you were.

NO MORE GIBSONS?! Say it ain't so, T-God!!

Archived