Gibson Brands Forums

So Cute. So Bad A$$

AXE®

That looks to be, as you say, a little gem of an amp.

I'd love to try one and give it a full workout. I'm guessing it's loud enough to induce temporary deafness?.....

Very sweet indeed!

[thumbup]

P.

I love me a little Class5 action!

IMG_20120105_075928.jpg

Love the cream! Called the local GC right after I found out about these (and had already been planning a C5 buy), said they had one. I said "Don't you let anyone else touch it, I'll be right down". Here is one match made in heaven... Creamy goodness from both pieces.

medium800.jpg

Love the cream! Called the local GC right after I found out about these (and had already been planning a C5 buy), said they had one. I said "Don't you let anyone else touch it, I'll be right down". Here is one match made in heaven... Creamy goodness from both pieces.

medium800.jpg

mmmmmmmmmmmm tasty.

JMP. 'sorta'

It's definitely it's own thing - not really exactly like any other Marshall, yet still Marshally (if that makes any sense). I was surprised how much bass the little sucker had - more than my 18 watt head notably. Though prolly not more bass than your 100 watters! [biggrin]

I need to plug into one and see, the thing is that my Mesa 5:25 is a beauty and covers all of the blues and classic rock spectrum, if I get another amp it would have to be something with more gain. Maybe I should just wait for the JCM1 and check that one out as it seems to have more gain.

Haven't gotten to try one of these. They sure do look nice. I'm still trying to get a friend of mine to pop over with his haze for me to play with a little. As far as cute, it's not the same kind of animal, but I do really dig my little Carvin V3M. Lotta features in a really tidy little package.

Cool! Those Class 5 heads look great. And cute....

My "dream Marshall" at this point is a Silver Jubilee. They seem to be darker and smoother than other preamp Marshalls (the notes are very thick like a non-master Super Lead as opposed to the high-mid grind and bite of the 2203s and other models, which need an overdrive box if you really want it to sing, especially for Gary Moore type stuff. It's all preference, really), which is what I like about them.

Getting acquainted with the family.

003.jpg

I bet your neighbors love you . . . [-X8-[

Joke 'em if they can't take a Fuch. Or a Marshall Stack or two.

Seriously, I like the little Marshall tyke as well. Also love the little Carvin mentioned earlier as well as the new mini-Vai L3.

Just haven't heard one yet to make me have to punt either of my Egnaters.

Those were selling new for $250.00 new recently......Nice little amps......

PHAEZ amps will blow those away tone and quality wise......

Yep Sweetwater $249. shipped.

And, if I had wanted a Phaez, I would have bought another YJM. msp_lol.gif

They sold out in 48 hours.

Dayum, I'll bet they did! That's what ya call a "stupid deal"! (as in it would be stupid not to take it!) Wish I'd seen it, I would have jumped (that's actually around or a hair under what these are listing at used).

Glad to hear it sounds so good through a 4/12, I don't have a 4/12 right now but I'm sure I'll have another eventually. Would like to hear the combo through one (it has an amp out jack). Even through the little 10 inch, these things are a very LOUD 5 watts (typical of Marshall tube amps) and to me have a great sound.

On your comment on how much bass they have, when I was checking YouTube demos before buying, there was one Cat who insisted the secret to great sound with the amp was to turn the bass all the way down (was the combo he was talking about). I'll admit I've tried it and didn't hate it, but I never really run it that way. I think they're a lot more versatile than they've gotten credit for here on the board. Gotta play with the knobs a bit, but I don't see it as a "one trick pony" at all.

Archived