Gibson Brands Forums

$20,000 for the Marshall Les Paul

Rabs

Ohh common.. this is just getting silly... dont get me wrong, its beautiful.. but still...

http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/Les-Paul/Gibson-Custom/50th-Anniversary-of-Marshall-Les-Paul-Goldtop.aspx

•Tom Murphy hand-aged one-piece Mahogany back with Maple top

•Rosewood fingerboard with nitrocellulose trapezoids inlays

•Powerful Burstbucker #1 and Burstbucker #2 pickups in the neck and bridge

•Lightweight aluminum stopbar tailpiece and ABR-1 bridge

•Gotoh Nickel Reissue Green Keys with 12:1 tuning ratio

•Custom Shop Certificate of Authenticity

Splash-02-5.jpg

Guest Farnsbarns

Ohh common.. this is just getting silly... dont get me wrong, its beautiful.. but still...

http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/Les-Paul/Gibson-Custom/50th-Anniversary-of-Marshall-Les-Paul-Goldtop.aspx

•Tom Murphy hand-aged one-piece Mahogany back with Maple top

•Rosewood fingerboard with nitrocellulose trapezoids inlays

•Powerful Burstbucker #1 and Burstbucker #2 pickups in the neck and bridge

•Lightweight aluminum stopbar tailpiece and ABR-1 bridge

•Gotoh Nickel Reissue Green Keys with 12:1 tuning ratio

•Custom Shop Certificate of Authenticity

Splash-02-5.jpg

Whoever writes the marketing copy at Gibson needs firing. This is about the 5th guitar I've seen with nitrocellulose inlays. Next it'll be celluloid lacquer finishes. Gibson, if you ever feel like employing someone who knows your products I am just an email away!

I love my Gibsons, but they're overkill on the signature models.

I mean, out of all the sig. models, only a few are truly great, like the Ace Frehley LP (the original one from the late 90s, not the "Budokan"), the Alex Lifeson model, Lucille, and a few others.

Even so, I wouldn't play any of those, no matter how nice the Lucilles are or how much I love Ace and Alex.

The difference between Wealthy Collectors and Working Guitar Players.

If I had disposable income in the six digits I'd slap down a $20 for a collectable Les Paul.

The difference? Collectors will actually buy this overpriced junk.

Ed Roman is rolling over in his grave.

The difference? Collectors will actually buy this overpriced junk.

Ed Roman is rolling over in his grave.

"Wealthy" is the key word here. Try to imagine having six figures of disposable income, $20,000 would be like dropping $20. There not targeting you or I with this little gem.

if you can afford one then good luck to you [thumbup]

If you can afford stuff like this you don't need luck, you probably make your own luck.

I am not sure why this bothers anybody, is it that you want it but cannot have it?

Cool guitar, but I'll stick with my R8 that (to me) was reasonably priced.

If you can afford stuff like this you don't need luck, you probably make your own luck.

I am not sure why this bothers anybody, is it that you want it but cannot have it?

Cool guitar, but I'll stick with my R8 that (to me) was reasonably priced.

I wouldnt say it bothers me exactly.. I just think its a crazy price for a new guitar...

I love my Gibsons, but they're overkill on the signature models.

I mean, out of all the sig. models, only a few are truly great, like the Ace Frehley LP (the original one from the late 90s, not the "Budokan"), the Alex Lifeson model, Lucille, and a few others.

Even so, I wouldn't play any of those, no matter how nice the Lucilles are or how much I love Ace and Alex.

well each to their own. I sure love my Aged and signed Angus Sig (nr20 out of 50), it's just so cool to have. I love it when friends asks about it and i can brag "I GOT ONE OF 50" and show the signature. And it is a great guitar to, As my skills with the guitar playing and using amps are improving i find that this guitar sound better and better

So it's a bit drastic to say only a few are great, i'm sure there are many happy owners of sigs out there. It's a matter of whats speaks to you

Don't need someone to write "Marshall" on my LP fingerboard..... it is written very clearly on my Marshall head and my 2 Marshall cabs.

This is a gimmick for foks who have loads more money than me....

(And I honestly wonder whether Jim Marshall would have gone along with this at all......... maybe, maybe not.)

(And I honestly wonder whether Jim Marshall would have gone along with this at all......... maybe, maybe not.)

Jim knew. It was all to be a part of the 50th. And the big shindig next week in England.

I believe Doug Aldridge ia supposed to be the one to debut it along with the new super secret Marshall amp.

I'm pretty sure this item is not targeted at your average Gibson Lounge Lizard.

Is it a bad thing that someone who can afford such a luxury item, buys one?

But hey. What do I know, right?

Great point brother AXE®.

If I could afford one, I'd rock it to.

That's a beautiful guitar. But on my limitted budget it's a case of wish in one hand and shzkit in the other and see which you get first.

If I had the disposible income to afford it... I'd be all over it.

But is it really all that different from a regular Les Paul? That's my point.

I think Gibson should go back to basics, simplify the line, and do less signature models.

The CS reissue Les Paul Standards should be the normal Les Paul Standard. No chambering, no fancy stuff. Just a good ol' Les Paul. I'm sure that's what most of us want from Gibson.

The CS reissue Les Paul Standards should be the normal Les Paul Standard. No chambering, no fancy stuff. Just a good ol' Les Paul. I'm sure that's what most of us want from Gibson.

All of my Custom Shop Reissues are solid and standard.

The CR8 is chambered but they are fantastic guitars.

Archived