Gibson Brands Forums

What kind of amp do you use ?

DamienAzrael

I didn't think putting this in the "Gibson Amps" section made sense because obviously not everybody uses Gibson Amps. My guitar rig is pretty big, but basically here's what I have in it :

A custom flight case that holds:

Marshall Kerry King Signature JCM 800 (For Dirty Sounds)

Peavey 6505+ (For Clean Sounds)

Two Marshall 1960B Cabinets (gonna add 2 more 1960B's)

A six space rack with:

Furman PL-Plus Power Conditioner

Shure ULXS14 Wireless System

KORG DTR-1000 Tuner

Dunlop DCR-1S Crybaby Rack Wah w/ two controllers

Rocktron Hush Super C

T.C. Electronic G Major (Used in the effects loop of the 6505+ on one of the chorus presets)

And my pedalboard has:

Ibanez FL-9 Flanger

MXR Kerry King 10 Band EQ

BOSS DD3 Digital Delay

BOSS CE-5 Chorus Ensemble

Dunlop Slash Signature Wah

Morley ABY Box

Dunlop DC Brick

....I'm in the process of ordering a new flight case because I wanna swap out my Peavey 6505+ for my Marshall DSL.

The pic below is what my guitar rig looked like last time I went out on tour:

DamiensTouringRig.jpg

....And no...those cabinets aren't Marshalls in that pic...Those are 5150 cabs.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Boogie Blue Angel 1;12 w/V30 on a flight case with a mic. A TS9' date=' 2 chords and an '07 Custom Shop ES-339.

1 strap.

Downsize.

Murph.[/quote']

If I'm just playing locally sometimes I'll use 2 half stacks... Other than that I like the visual of a wall of cabinets behind me...It looks sick.

Strange' date=' I never cared enough for the 5150's clean tones... the 6505 is supposed to be the same amp isn't it? Does it have anything different than its predecesor that makes it sound more desirable (while playing clean)?

[/quote']

It's the exact same amp really...I've got a very processed chorus sound in the effects loop though so it's natural tone is quite hidden...It sounds a lot like the way Slash's clean tone is when he plays "Fall To Pieces" live....I used to have an endorsement with Peavey and that was the only head they made I felt was worth using at the time...But the core of my live sound has always been a Marshall...I used to have a Jubilee in the rack, but I retired it from stage use....Now it only gets used in the studio...I replaced it with the Kerry King signature Marshall which I'm very happy with...It's get's a really nice full sound out of it.

It's the exact same amp really...I've got a very processed chorus sound in the effects loop though so it's natural tone is quite hidden...It sounds a lot like the way Slash's clean tone is when he plays "Fall To Pieces" live....I used to have an endorsement with Peavey and that was the only head they made I felt was worth using at the time...But the core of my live sound has always been a Marshall...I used to have a Jubilee in the rack' date=' but I retired it from stage use....Now it only gets used in the studio...I replaced it with the Kerry King signature Marshall which I'm very happy with...It's get's a really nice full sound out of it.[/quote']

damn... I'll have to take that old peavy thing out now just to see. Strange thing man, most people like it for its high gain, but then again, I use an AC30 to play everything including black metal... (poor thing gets lots of laughs)

Vox ac15cc1 through a Yamaha speakered PA.

btw... Damien my son is now your biggest fan. We looked at your Gibson collection (while listening to the site mp3) and when he saw the EDS1275 he reacted in a way similar to me when Payton Manning hits Marvin Harrison on a 40 yard completion for a TD (NFL Colts).

The song was cool too.

Peavey Delta Blues for my Electric and a Genz Benz Shenendoah 200 Watt Stereo Deluxe for my acoustic's.

I only play at home other than a yearly gig with some other hockey dad's at our anual parents only party. When I play at church for weddings or funerals, I am always playing my acoustic so I can use my Genz Benz or go direct to the PA with my LR Baggs PARA DI.

Vox ac15cc1 through a Yamaha speakered PA.

btw... Damien my son is now your biggest fan. We looked at your Gibson collection (while listening to the site mp3) and when he saw the EDS1275 he reacted in a way similar to me when Payton Manning hits Marvin Harrison on a 40 yard completion for a TD (NFL Colts).

The song was cool too.

Thanks.

In the not too distant past, before some hard times hit.

Marshall, JVM410-H coupled with a JCM900-4100 with a pair of Marshall slant cabs with 25 watt Greenbacks.

Hughes and Kettner MK-II Head with matched cabinet.

(SOLD)

Now. A Hughes and Kettner Vortex half stack with Celestions.Which I'm starting to get some pretty decent tones out of now that the speakers are starting to breathe a bit.

Archived