Gibson Brands Forums

who you all listenin to this mornin ? no gibson content

blindboygrunt

On the list this morning:

Takk - Sigur Ros - because it's been a while....

Babel - Mumford & sons (not as sold as I was on their first album to be honest, but trying to like it)

There's no leaving now - Tallest man on earth (he's gigging here in about a week and a half so best get more familiar with the new stuff)

Black Rebel Motorcycle club - Howl - just because

A mix of stuff by a guy called Gamelan - weird pots & pans stuff - atonal, just because I'm freaky like that. Quite a challenge to get through to be honest. Too chin-strokey for me.

been struggling lately to find any inspiring new music ....

anything fantastic out there you guys are keeping to yourselves ?

I've been playing this one a lot recently, its a great strummer.

Here's the "official" video, so you can hear Mick Jagger's vocals...

...but this live version by Dave Stewart who wrote it is more fun.

Try Avenged Sevenfold, Bring me the Horizon, Asking Alexandria, Angels and Airwaves, Christina Perri, Breathe Carolina and of course GG Allin.

Just for the record guys, check this song out..

I did two things with this song. That song is his life story and it connects emotion with poignancy; truth with honesty. It's his soul laid out bear. I am immensely influenced by GG Allin. Anyone know him here? With that song, I did the same thing he did. I wrote out my life story so far and coupled with music; just like his song.I was inspired to do the same thing he did.

The second thing I did with this song was I remixed it and changed the music to the song while keeping the lyrics and its rhythm. Everything else is different. I did it to honour him - as my hero - not just a musical hero but a hero that influences, inspires and emboldens my existence and my purpose as his eternal scum****. ROCK ON MOTHER****ERS. :-({|=

Alexandros James.

mumford and sons is the last thing i bought , its good and all but its just a bit.... bleh ....

kinda sums up what i've been hearing lately , maybe i'm just an old fart

tmoe is kinda cool for sure , something original there ....

was intiguied by jake bugg when his first one came out but the last couple put me off buying the album

mumford and sons is the last thing i bought , its good and all but its just a bit.... bleh ....

kinda sums up what i've been hearing lately , maybe i'm just an old fart

tmoe is kinda cool for sure , something original there ....

was intiguied by jake bugg when his first one came out but the last couple put me off buying the album

What ye looking for? bands, singer-songwriter(ish) stuff, or a head melter?

Not much of a music listener in the morning here. But I do tune into the John Boy and Billy show [thumbup] I need a good laugh in the morning to get me going and I do enjoy the classic rock they play in between.

Disregarding the morning thing, I've really been enjoying watching and listening to B.B King play that big Gibson electric of his. I bought my first tube amp last week, a fender twin reverb, and have really been into electric blues since. My 50's tribute les Paul has been seeing a lot of action lately.

Been getting into Ryan Adams recently.

i remember you posting ages ago that you werent familiar with much of his stuff , i'm a big fan . how you getting on ? not all his cd's are winners has to be said , but some you think you dont like , then after listening to other ones theyre better when you come back to them , if that makes sense :-s

I spent seven hours yesterday driving three of my guitars to my luthier on the west coast of Florida. Thank God for ipods and car sound systems that accommmodate them.

Listened to: an Ian and Syliva greatest hits album, "Sounds of Wood and Steel" (an all Taylor album), followed by a mind-cleanse of Buffalo Springfield, CS&N, Byrds, and the Band. After two hours of talking guitars with Ross Teigen (including examing a pre-war D-45 he is working on), I drove home in a more "rock" frame of mind, and listened to both Jefferson Airplane "2400 Fulton" albums back-to-back. 2 1/2 straight hours of San Francisco pounding hippie rock.

I was a bit over the 60's and 70's by the time I got home, and spent the evening finger-picking some Rev. Gary stuff to calm down.

Reloaded the 6-disc changer in the Dodge last weekend with dwightyoakamacoustic.net, Brubeck's Time Out, an Animals collection Retrospective, Beach Boys Pet Sounds and a couple of CDs called Ultra Lounge (collections of big band, jazz, bebop and just some plain weird stuff).

i like singer songwriter stuff the best , but a good band also ..... no head melting stuff , lefty guy supplied some already !!

Hugh Prestwood search him out, all of his stuff - a lot of it is covered by other artists, but he's the real deal.

After the Stones movie yesterday, a couple of old friends went back to the temple for a sip of wine and a good chat.

The records played were :

Bon Ivers first, For Emma, Forever Ago – I only recently discovered B.I. for real. He's great and the second record is bigger than the first – so good in fact, that I didn't wanna sit talking to it.

Sonny Rollins' Valse Hot – A half light virtuous sax jazz thing with tracks from 1956. For me – not a full-blooded jazzer – excellent as background music.

Brain Washed – The last George Harrison record finished'n'released after he left the planet and produced by Jeff Lynn and Dhani Harrison. A very fine, more rootzy album.

Last half of the 2001 CSN&Y release Looking Forward. As a comment to the dialog I wanted to play Crosby's Dream For Him and decided to go from Youngs splendid Slow Poke.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Btw. as it was after the Rolling Stones film, I showed the guys my Bird and asked them if they had ever noticed Hartford Snyders guard and had any thoughts on it. To my big surprise and disappointment, the 2 ignorant fools said no. . .

I been listen to Bobs (Zimmy ) new one quite a bit

it has really grown on me..as i thought it might. still a couple that don't work for me..... I agree with you BBG ; Roll On John .. its brilliant in a lot of ways.

I tend to look for new stuff often enough.. but nothing seems to do it really... I'm gettin old haha

I listened to a little of your post there JC... Ray montegue... or something...cant go back and check name.. soz I don't mean to be disrespectful to the guy or you

It's porobably just me..but I don't know..he just sounded toooo... good... if that makes sense..prob not..but he just didn't sound authentic to me.. bloody good voice and sound..but a bit tooo polished

anyway..you probly know all the guys io listen to BBG

but also listen to Ali Farke Toure quite a bit....now thats about as authentic as you can get for me B) aw well, you know.

Archived