Gibson Brands Forums

Billionaires

Californiaman

Remind me again why "we" are the ones always helping out the third world countries financially?

United Arab Emirates isn't a third world country.

Its a very rich country over flowing with wealth and culture.

Not every middle eastern country is a third world country you prejudiced bastard.

United Arab Emirates isn't a third world country.

Its a very rich country over flowing with wealth and culture.

Not every middle eastern country is a third world country you prejudiced bastard.

1st) where did I say "THEY" were a 3rd world country

2nd) so when your tax dollars are going to help out over seas you wont mind?

3rd) dude, your issue of WTF monthly didn't come in? is that why your so hostile?

...k, side note, I researched their contributions and I stand corrected, but yer still a douchbag.

1st) where did I say "THEY" were a 3rd world country

2nd) so when your tax dollars are going to help out over seas you wont mind?

3rd) dude, your issue of WTF monthly didn't come in? is that why your so hostile?

...k, side note, I researched their contributions and I stand corrected, but yer still a douchbag.

=;

Jonny check:

1) You said they were a third world country.

2) You said we're giving them money.

3) He doesn't like xenophobes, because he's civilized.

Any questions, you can bring 'em to me. I'm the dee bag adjudicator.

My parents were brought up during the depression and they were always "thrifty."

We were taught that conspicuous consumption was unseemly. My dad used to tell me - when he was becoming successful - that he could drive a Cadillac if he wanted to but he always drove a Ford or a Chevy or something like that. He didn't want to appear overindulgent.

I didn't agree with him about much, but that always stuck with me. If I had lots of money I'd be a little embarrassed to be spending it on stuff I didn't need.

But if somebody gave me a bunch of money I'd run right down to the 335 store!! [biggrin]

Funny how some people think that every one should act like a Westerner. This would be a normal thing over there. I know we have people from all over in this group but culture's are much different in many areas of the world, it may be a bit odd but you got to admit its cool.

In reference to Rowdy Moon's statement,it didn't appear to me to be being racially prejudiced at all,right away I gathered that he meant was it galled him that people so wealthy wasted billions when it could have fed many people in 3rd world countries,yet most of the money for overseas relief comes from regular middle class folks like ourselves.I doubt that he would be obtuse enough to purposely print something that that was offensive and racist,when this forum has members of so many cultures,creeds and colours etc.

Before anyone responds and tries to label me as siding with a bigot,I have relatives who are black and aboriginal and have worked closely with disabled Innuit and Innu children plus through The Christian Children's Fund we sponsor a family in Ethiopia-our second-so that after a few years they can be self sufficient and the children will have formal schooling.In addition to that I'm an executive member a local Disabled and Human Rights organization.

I believe that Rowdy Moon is owed an apology from a couple of people who are very quick to condemn-will you be near as speedy with your apologies?

In reference to Rowdy Moon's statement,it didn't appear to me to be being racially prejudiced at all,right away I gathered that he meant was it galled him that people so wealthy wasted billions when it could have fed many people in 3rd world countries,yet most of the money for overseas relief comes from regular middle class folks like ourselves.I doubt that he would be obtuse enough to purposely print something that that was offensive and racist,when this forum has members of so many cultures,creeds and colours etc.

Before anyone responds and tries to label me as siding with a bigot,I have relatives who are black and aboriginal and have worked closely with disabled Innuit and Innu children plus through The Christian Children's Fund we sponsor a family in Ethiopia-our second-so that after a few years they can be self sufficient and the children will have formal schooling.In addition to that I'm an executive member a local Disabled and Human Rights organization.

I believe that Rowdy Moon is owed an apology from a couple of people who are very quick to condemn-will you be near as speedy with your apologies?

I'll tell you how most Americans think, they think that majority of middle eastern countries are third world countries. They watch their CNN and see these people living in these dusty small houses and assume they live in poverty. Things are very different there, different cultures, views, morals, etc. But its the same virtue in the long run.

Of course he was aiming at United Arab Emirates as a 3rd world country, majority of people would, with out actually doing some research. Hell if you asked me three years ago to point out where the 3rd world countries are i'd just circle the whole middle east.

I have a friend who's from Jordan, which a lot of people assume is a 3rd world country, buts its not. To him and other middle eastern cultures, its a very high offense to call their country a 3rd world country, its in fact prejudiced.

Thats all i'm saying on this topic, i'm done posting on this subject.

The hell are the mods?

Thank you sir...at least someone understood what I meant.....it's ridiculous that I have to say this but yes I too have friends and acquaintances from all walks of life and some are very good friends...I still stand by my post that I never said " they " were 3rd world.....

I wonder how many of his poor people in his country could have been fed or given needed medical attention with that blown money? How many sick children could have been healed? How many weak elderly people could have recieved the respect and attention they deserve in their golden years? The only positive thing about it is the people who recieved pay for doing it. The top earners were probably filthy rich already I suppose.

Sheik Hamad is a member of the royal family and not a kid he's in his 60's he is way over the top in extravagant living and buys so many identical things in different colors (mostly luxury cars) they call him the Rainbow Sheik. There not always about big excess though there often part of shrewd business and n a world where money is business these people are unchallenged he owns the island he had his name written on and if you notice they even tapped the gulf and his name is filling with water. This might be just a huge ego move or it might be yet another way of turning a piece of barren sand into a playground for the rich and famous just like all the man made luxury island their building in that part of the world right now. As a bottom line no matter what people think it is his money and as for helping other's hell he probably hired 20 thousand Pakistani's laborers to build it. And it's not just scratched in the sand the name is supposedly deep enough that when filled with water they will be navigable probably by there huge yachts.

you think this is big and somewhat unusual well it's not even a good start he builds huge operable copies of cars to drive around for fun, they are again the largest cars in the world. He has a Dodge Power Wagon that is eight times the size of the original vehicle, same for a 1940 Willie jeep again 8 times bigger than the original.

This is the guy that scares Jay Leno at car auctions!

Plus 1 on that! I read it the same way. It seems that anyone with any degree of 'comprehension skills' would also[confused]

Archived