Gibson Brands Forums

How do you rate yourself as a guitar enthusiast??

onewilyfool

Kinda fun. Good for discussion.

Had a little trouble in that wasn't sure to vote "has been", or "currently".

There is a lot of "once a musician, always a musician" inherent to the who thing, and especially concerning the love of guitars and music. But on the other hand, the amount I play now is almost enough to diqualify me completely, as well as having little interest in buying or trading as I have no money for it.

But, this forum here does let me live and experience through others, and I share the joy.

As a 'guitar enthusiast' I'm a total rookie...

as a 'guitar PLAYER' I'm....well. I'm STILL a rookie!

That actually makes sense.

Back when Rock and Roll, was in it's infancy, by default, could only be done by 'rookies'. Therefore, to play it, could only be done by being a rookie.

So, therefore, in order to still be you, you could only be a more advanced rookie, and advance the level of rookieness to a more highly advanced state of rookie.

So, if there are 10 stages of apprenticeship, you might be something like 5,879 stage.

I don't mean that being in the RRHOF from back when you are a rookie makes you always one, but rather, perhaps Rock and Roll can only be ever done by rookies.

So I'll buy it. Not that I'm calling you old or anything, just that I repect my forefathers.

I would love to be able to have 20 songs that I could just "whip out" at a moments notice. It seems like I sit at around 4 or 5 ....of course the 4 or 5 songs I feel I know change and sometimes one or two of those seem to disappear completely.

I think if I had more time and money ......I would have checked a lot more of the boxes.

where's the ALL of the Above option?

Including "Master"?

A real "Master" guitar player would be the last person to claim to be.

There has been one vote claiming to be a master, would anyone like to step forward on this one?

Including "Master"?

A real "Master" guitar player would be the last person to claim to be.

There has been one vote claiming to be a master, would anyone like to step forward on this one?

That wouldn't work, because the 'master' who would step forward would then be claiming himself, thus disqualifying himself.

I started as a rookie and that's where the fun is fir me...now I'm a intermediate rookie....

I do know 20 songs but I only can recall 5 or 6 at any point in time....

If I wasn't married (35 yrs) I would be poor but have a lot more guitars

I' m not poor nor rich but I have enough guitars ....for now!

That actually makes sense.

Back when Rock and Roll, was in it's infancy, by default, could only be done by 'rookies'. Therefore, to play it, could only be done by being a rookie.

So, therefore, in order to still be you, you could only be a more advanced rookie, and advance the level of rookieness to a more highly advanced state of rookie.

So, if there are 10 stages of apprenticeship, you might be something like 5,879 stage.

I don't mean that being in the RRHOF from back when you are a rookie makes you always one, but rather, perhaps Rock and Roll can only be ever done by rookies.

So I'll buy it. Not that I'm calling you old or anything, just that I repect my forefathers.

Stein, that actually makes a lot of sense!

For some reason, last night I had a hard time getting to sleep....and my SIL is getting married this weekend, so another SIL and her hubby are coming in from Oregon

and I know I will be playing music for them all night Saturday night. I was rehearsing songs in my head instead of sleeping....and I realized that without my

book of song charts, I couldn't remember ANY songs!

Damn... it's a beast to be both a rookie and forgetful at the same time, (kind of like having pimples and wrinkles on the same face!).

Archived