Gibson Brands Forums

Favorite Led Zeppelin song?

Zeppeholic

Hello,

What's your favorite Led Zeppelin song? (If you have one)

I have their first album signed by all four members...

I can't decide which one is my favorite but That's The Way is my most favorite song ever.

Yours?

Now THIS is a question right up my alley! [thumbup]

I love "That's The Way", Zeppeholic. I'd classify that as my favorite "Acoustic Zeppelin" song. Trying to nail-down ONE favorite is fairly difficult for a band like Zeppelin that has SO many amazing songs.

That said, I always dug "Over The Hills And Far Away". When I first heard that on the radio, I flipped. I set out to find it on record, and thus began my Zeppelin odyssey. By the time I bought the correct album, "House of the Holy", I pretty much covered the entire Zep catalogue! A great way to discover a band.

Alright, I am really trying.

First, I noticed that a lot of my favorites aren't showing up much, so I made a list of them...

Custard Pie

Your Time is Gonna Come

Celebration Day

Out on the Tiles

The Rover

Down by the Seaside

Nobody’s Fault but Mine

Night Flight

Now I just have to choose one! [confused]

I'd need to go by album… pick one from each. But even that can be a challenge!

Led Zeppelin: How Many More Times

Led Zeppelin II: Ramble On

Led Zeppelin III: Tie between That's The Way and Out On The Tiles

ZOFO: Tie between Black Dog and When The Levee Breaks

Houses Of The Holy: 3-way tie between The Song Remains The Same, Over The Hills and Far Away, and The Ocean (LOL!)

Physical Graffiti: Humanly impossible to do

Presence: Nobody's Fault But Mine

In Through The Out Door: In The Evening

Oh, well. I tried! [biggrin]

I just wanted to say, I'm only 16, and yet I know everything about Zep and I know all their lyrics by heart.

OFFICIAL FANBOY

Good man. I was about that age when I was at the peak of my Zeppelism as well.

And I would just like to point out that we've made a 2 page Zeppelin thread without anyone killing it with ye olde plagiarism discussion again. not even when Izzy mentioned the Dazed and Confused riff.

So proud [laugh]

Hello,

What's your favorite Led Zeppelin song? (If you have one)

I have their first album signed by all four members...

I can't decide which one is my favorite but That's The Way is my most favorite song ever.

Yours?

I was gonna ask 'is that even a question ... fav. zepp song ... don't you like them all? least fav., boogie with stu, hats off to roy harper, bron y aur stomp are a few of the lesser works of zepp. then there's i'm gonna crawl ... i like them all. saying that now that led zeppelin is quite tame by today's standards, the fan mentality of a zepp fan is somewhat different from someone who is interested in the bands success story ... you know what zepp fans like, party, booze, sex, drugs ... ha ahahaha

That's the Way is a touchy one, I like it too and do it in an acoustic set. What's it about? Innocence lost, protestant/catholic split in Ireland .... the boy next door, can't play with you no more because of this religious cleavage. some people don't get this song

I was gonna ask 'is that even a question ... fav. zepp song ... don't you like them all? least fav., boogie with stu, hats off to roy harper, bron y aur stomp are a few of the lesser works of zepp. then there's i'm gonna crawl ... i like them all. saying that now that led zeppelin is quite tame by today's standards, the fan mentality of a zepp fan is somewhat different from someone who is interested in the bands success story ... you know what zepp fans like, party, booze, sex, drugs ... ha ahahaha

That's the Way is a touchy one, I like it too and do it in an acoustic set. What's it about? Innocence lost, protestant/catholic split in Ireland .... the boy next door, can't play with you no more because of this religious cleavage. some people don't get this song

I like That's The Way because it reminds me of things. How things used to be and still are. I like the steel pedal with it, it just has this beauty and timeless meaning to it. It's peaceful, and it's played with meaning.

It's not my favorite ZEPPELIN song, but it's my favorite song ever.

So is Down By The Seaside, Ten Years Gone, know what? I LIKE THEM ALL.

A timely reminder of the mega talent, hard work and creativity of The Zep... [thumbup]

Personal favourites often involve the instrumental talents of J P Jones on mandolin or organ/piano

And when Plant goes stellar on the vocals(Rock'n Roll) the energy and urgency are palpable... [biggrin]

V

:-({|=

Archived