Gibson Brands Forums

50 year guitar War

vikingtone

I have placed two of the best examples of the Big Two I have ever played up for sale on E Bay from my Collection.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/222206719103

IMG_1793%202.jpg

http://www.ebay.com/itm/222207416949

IMG_2351%201.jpg

I have doen a blog with links to impulse responses of the guitars pick up combinations so in a sense bidders can try before they buy.

http://letthemconfectsweeterlies.blogspot.se/2016/08/classic-vintage-electric-guitar-duo-for.html

Classic Vintage Electric Guitar Duo For Sale (The Fifty Year Guitar War)

Classic Vintage Electric Guitar Duo For Sale (The Fifty Year Guitar War)

World Wide Web Worlds First!

Try the tone before you bid!

The Fifty Year Guitar War is the stuff of legends . Are you a Strat Man or a Les Paul Guy. Millions of words have been written on this topic and I am going to add but a few.

I collected vintage guitars for almost a decade my collecting led me to playing much more seriously and from there to building and modding guitars and modelling guitar tone with Digital Signal Porocessing. My journey has developed to the extent that I am now almost exclusively interested in Fingerstyle folk and Jazz and chord melody playing on purely Acoustic Intruments particularly the Guitar I built myself at the Sanden Guitar Building classes.

http://letthemconfectsweeterlies.blogspot.se/2014/09/a-friend-of-michael-sanden-internet.html

As i no longer play much electric guitar and given that my Elelctric obsession for all things tone lead me to develop my own Electric Guitar models I can offer the unique opportunity to sample before you buy and also a chance to settle for yourself that Great question.

Is it Strat Tone or Les Paul Tone that is the sound of Rock N Roll for you?

Answer Poll Below

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MopCuFd8LP0

Parker DF522NN (NN for Notes Norton)

NN02_DF522NN.jpg

• Light weight but sustains as long as my 8 pound LTD/Les Paul clone
  • 14" radius 25.5" scale, just right for my hands
  • Ebony fretboard and hardened stainless steel frets make bending a breeze and they may never wear out
  • Contoured body, it's like wearing the guitar instead of holding it
  • Balanced - take my hands off and the guitar stays there, no neck dive, doesn't tilt away from my body, etc.
  • Almost straight string path from Sperzel locking tuners to the ball end, except for the slight break at the Graph Tech nut - stays in tune better than any of my other guitars, even the ones without a whammy
  • Duncan P-Rail pickups that can sound like either a P90, Rail, Series Humbucker, or Parallel Humbucker
  • Piezo pickup under the bridge that can be played alone or blended in with the mag pickups for some extra jangle and twang
  • Made in the USA - which is a bonus for me.

When I got my first Parker, my other guitars got jealous because they almost never get played anymore, and never go to work with me.

Insights and incites by Notes

Parker DF522NN (NN for Notes Norton)

NN02_DF522NN.jpg

• Light weight but sustains as long as my 8 pound LTD/Les Paul clone
  • 14" radius 25.5" scale, just right for my hands
  • Ebony fretboard and hardened stainless steel frets make bending a breeze and they may never wear out
  • Contoured body, it's like wearing the guitar instead of holding it
  • Balanced - take my hands off and the guitar stays there, no neck dive, doesn't tilt away from my body, etc.
  • Almost straight string path from Sperzel locking tuners to the ball end, except for the slight break at the Graph Tech nut - stays in tune better than any of my other guitars, even the ones without a whammy
  • Duncan P-Rail pickups that can sound like either a P90, Rail, Series Humbucker, or Parallel Humbucker
  • Piezo pickup under the bridge that can be played alone or blended in with the mag pickups for some extra jangle and twang
  • Made in the USA - which is a bonus for me.

When I got my first Parker, my other guitars got jealous because they almost never get played anymore, and never go to work with me.

Insights and incites by Notes

How much is a parker N

4H

We aren't soldiers, we aren't athletes. It never was a war, battle, fight, brawl, and still isn't. You either know which to use when or you don't, in which case you write books or make videos about The War that never existed and still doesn't.

rct

I'm sure you're right. [thumbup]

It's Infotainment chaps. If folk care to click on the blog they will also find an opportunity to try the modelled tone before they bid, or not as the case may be. Thats an Internet first and comes with a free plugin and two free Impulse response samples of the LP and Start and two acoustic ones as well, free on my web site, links on the blog.

I do not post here very often these days but have been an active member of this forum since 2009 so look in fairly often. I might do that more often if quality posts of this nature with free stuff to boot were common place.Of course as I am disposing of the rest of my vintage collection more infotainment may also be involved.

Heres the LP in action.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGnMyZavyPs

Its very like a 59, heres one of those I reviewed back in 2009.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAR52bJRL0A

It's "infotainment" in the same sense that a commercial is. It is meant to entertain and enlighten while selling a product.

Your primary concern is obviously selling the guitars, or you wouldn't have included the otherwise irrelevant links to your eBay auctions.

Not sayin you gotta get banned or I hate you.. Let's just be honest

It's "infotainment" in the same sense that a commercial is. It is meant to entertain and enlighten while selling a product.

Your primary concern is obviously selling the guitars, or you wouldn't have included the otherwise irrelevant links to your eBay auctions.

Not sayin you gotta get banned or I hate you.. Let's just be honest

Dub it is of course obvious that I wish to sell the guitars, people sell their gear and mention it on Guitar forums all of the time, adding some fun and information as well is not meant to be misleading but is of course in hope making as many people aware of the e bay auctions as possible.

One mans Spam is another mans Lucheon meat in the same way that one mans FIsh is another mans poisson I guess.

I posted in the lcassified section here too which is for the purpose of allowing members to advertise gear they are selling, here subjects are rather wider ranging but I do happen to think the debate as to wheter the Les Paul or the Strat is the sound of Rock n Roll is an interesting one

and the two guitars I am selling directly relate to that question. If that is an interesting question to some then great if it not to others then of course each to their own, we all get to choose what we click on and what we choose not to

It is interesting to note that my LP has 405 views on the click counter and the strat 196, given that they are both priced very competitively with the reserve not much above the starting price and the Buy it now prices at below the Blue Book Value of both suggests that good quality collectible and vintage LP's are more popular than the Expensive custom shop fenders. A vintage early 60´s strat would cost a fortune as wiould a 59 or 60 LP , I can tell you and you can try the Impulse repsonses to get some idea that the 74 Les Paul Standard is very close to a 59 or 60, they came straight out of Kalamazoo and were made by the same guys on the same tooling etc etc. TheLP is a great buy for some one. I love the strat and have got more into strats since I bought that guitar but the LP is a peach and Much more of a bind to part with than the strat. If the Start sells and not the LP chances are I will not re list it.

This is a guitar Forum and this is an interesting subject and certainly more Fillet than Spam in my own modest estimation YMMV of course.

I vote spam!

Plus, this is a pretty dumb, played out poll.

AND its a 60 year war, not 50

The film linked to and the title of the post references is the film Solid Bodies the 50 year Guitar War.SOLIDBODIES: THE 50 YEAR GUITAR WAR http://www.solidbodiesthemovie.com/flash_index.html it was made 9 years ago and being pedantic would tend to your point deeman. Equally though officianados of the movie would quite equally be justified in objecting to a strict re naming to the 59 year guitar war. War is of course a metaphoric device which iothers have already pointed out is also not strictly appropriate or indeed accurate so les'ts say both 50 years and War are artistic devices that given license add to a certain piquency in the question. The results of the poll seem a foregone conclusion given the venue of the poll a different answer may well be forthcoming from a fenser forum. I am a member of the telecaster forum but not of any Strat forum and I have not actually posted on any other forum in the lounge general discussionsection. there is a post in the MLP classifieds section with a link to my blog but no exciting poll like there is here.

Dub it is of course obvious that I wish to sell the guitars, people sell their gear and mention it on Guitar forums all of the time, adding some fun and information as well is not meant to be misleading but is of course in hope making as many people aware of the e bay auctions as possible.

One mans Spam is another mans Lucheon meat in the same way that one mans FIsh is another mans poisson I guess.

I posted in the lcassified section here too which is for the purpose of allowing members to advertise gear they are selling, here subjects are rather wider ranging but I do happen to think the debate as to wheter the Les Paul or the Strat is the sound of Rock n Roll is an interesting one

and the two guitars I am selling directly relate to that question. If that is an interesting question to some then great if it not to others then of course each to their own, we all get to choose what we click on and what we choose not to

It is interesting to note that my LP has 405 views on the click counter and the strat 196, given that they are both priced very competitively with the reserve not much above the starting price and the Buy it now prices at below the Blue Book Value of both suggests that good quality collectible and vintage LP's are more popular than the Expensive custom shop fenders. A vintage early 60´s strat would cost a fortune as wiould a 59 or 60 LP , I can tell you and you can try the Impulse repsonses to get some idea that the 74 Les Paul Standard is very close to a 59 or 60, they came straight out of Kalamazoo and were made by the same guys on the same tooling etc etc. TheLP is a great buy for some one. I love the strat and have got more into strats since I bought that guitar but the LP is a peach and Much more of a bind to part with than the strat. If the Start sells and not the LP chances are I will not re list it.

This is a guitar Forum and this is an interesting subject and certainly more Fillet than Spam in my own modest estimation YMMV of course.

The place where we sell gear is the trading post (which you are already aware of). Reposting in the lounge to get more views is spamming. If everybody posted spam in the lounge there would be nothing interesting to read here and that is why it's against the rules.

Nobody needs to look at your eBay auctions to understand the difference between a Strat and a Les Paul.

Archived