• You cannot reply to this topic

Gibson ES175 - quality control

#21 User is offline   merciful-evans 

• I doubt I'm entitled to a title
  • Group: Members
  • LocationPortsmouth UK

Posted 02 May 2017 - 10:36 AM

View PostJazzMeister, on 10 February 2017 - 06:45 PM, said:

Anyone interested in purchasing this guitar? It has since been replaced with a VOS ES335.

It might help if folk knew where you were.
Hagstrom Deuce / Fylde Acoustic / Variax Standard / Gibson ES-339 / Gibson LP Less+ / PRS SE Custom24 / Hofner HCT-J17 / Camps Spanish / Jackson Soloist / Rickenbacker 650 /Squier Esprit
Miele S5 Power 2200w Vacuum Cleaner
Makita BO3710 Finishing Sander
Verdict 6" vernier scale calipers
Whittard of Chelsea Florence blue teapot
Spear & Jackson 1712PF/INS12 trenching fork

Posted Image put the kettle on
I sometimes think; therefore I am intermittent
my band BLOWN OUT

#22 User is offline   CHill2017 

Posted 27 June 2017 - 02:30 PM

Yours looks great...the little blemishes give it character. I purchased a new one 4 or 5 months ago and it is a beauty! I didn't notice any of the "Human flaws" until I sat in the living room with the sunlight shining in on it and began to notice the oversights...ah well...nothing is truly perfect and the guitar sounds and plays like a dream...I suppose I could always send it to a service center but for what? to sand it all down and refinish out the perceived flaws...nah...it says much about Gibson these days and fact that this is a custom shop guitar but all in all...I'll play 'er Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image As you can see...most of this stuff is very minor although the laquer dripping on the headstock is disappointing...Truth be told, this is a 5K custom guitar and where is this considered acceptable?...I feel your pain

#23 User is offline   capmaster 

• Fretboard Seizer
  • Locationnear Munich, Upper Bavaria, Germany

Posted 27 June 2017 - 04:08 PM

View PostCHill2017, on 27 June 2017 - 02:30 PM, said:

Yours looks great...the little blemishes give it character. I purchased a new one 4 or 5 months ago and it is a beauty! I didn't notice any of the "Human flaws" until I sat in the living room with the sunlight shining in on it and began to notice the oversights...ah well...nothing is truly perfect and the guitar sounds and plays like a dream...I suppose I could always send it to a service center but for what? to sand it all down and refinish out the perceived flaws...nah...it says much about Gibson these days and fact that this is a custom shop guitar but all in all...I'll play 'er Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image As you can see...most of this stuff is very minor although the laquer dripping on the headstock is disappointing...Truth be told, this is a 5K custom guitar and where is this considered acceptable?...I feel your pain

[crying] Oh my...

I think I would have done a finish repair at the headstock. Shouldn't cost that much and is no problem for a skilled luthier who will choose a touch-up approach. However, you will have to do circa three weeks withour her.
DVCVNT VOLENTEM FATA NOLENTEM TRAHVNT
(The Fates lead the willing and drag those who are unwilling.)
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users