Gibson Brands Forums

News Flash! 2 new SG models, new for 2011!

SG  FAN

2 new SGs for 2011, a 50th Anniversary 24 fret SG and a 60s tribute special (p90s and small pickguard) I've got major GAS for the 60s tribute BTW [wub] Here's some pics. (Edit) They are reintroducing the Goth SG, and doing a USA Robbie Krieger sig SG.

The 50th Anniversary tribute 24 is at the far right. Wicked nice bevels from what I can see.

IMG_1868.jpg

Different varieties of the 60s tribute Special.

IMG_1869.jpg

thanks for posting these!

the 60s Specials look sweet and have nice colors but i'm over the P90 sound and they look to have the faded treatment (?). if so they should be cheap enough to sell a lot of them.

yes, the 50th appears to have the deep bevels á la VOS. i'd love to have one but i'm guessing it's priced well above $1k, a few hundy above my personal limit. it's a real beauty though.

I hope Gibson is doing more than this. Surely, they must be releasing a 50th anniversary SG Custom?

I figured they'd release several limited edition 50ths just like they did with the 2009 R9s & 2010 R0s.

I, myself, was looking forward to a two pickup SG Custom. Guess I'll just have to search for a used Elliot Easton.

I hope Gibson is doing more than this. Surely, they must be releasing a 50th anniversary SG Custom?

I figured they'd release several limited edition 50ths just like they did with the 2009 R9s & 2010 R0s.

I, myself, was looking forward to a two pickup SG Custom. Guess I'll just have to search for a used Elliot Easton.

It's still early in the year, this is just what was introduced at winter NAMM. I'm sure there will be more:)

It's still early in the year, this is just what was introduced at winter NAMM. I'm sure there will be more:)

Yeah, that's what I figured...and hope for...but winter NAMM is when they introduced the 50th anniversary R9s and that was a big deal.

If they were going to announce a 50th anniversary SG, they should have at NAMM this year.

Archived