Gibson Brands Forums

Hubble

daveinspain

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On Groom Lake Road as you get within the deadly force authorization range, and then again at Medlins Mailbox, our video camera refused to record. If you know where I'm talking about you know that we know that they know that we are not alone.

Of all the stuff me and The Mrs have done, that was without doubt one of THEE coolest.

rct

We are definitely not alone.

The recent intergalactic summit was proof.

It was all over CNN.

The summit where the leader of the Andromedas - Kim Jong Un met with

Dracos leader Dennis Rodman.

Who needs more proof then that??

Hello!

My neighbour is 100% sure that we aren't alone. Actually, - He thinks - that shape-shifting reptilian aliens rule and control our World.

He keeps coming to me telling, this-and-that politician/banker/whoever is a shape-shifter.

Once I got enough and told Him: Why do You assume I am not one of them? He must be racist - He doesn't talks to me anymore...

Cheers... Bence

There is absolutely no way that the Earth can possibly be the only life sustaining planet in our galaxy, let alone the entire universe. Think about this, we humans are made mostly of Hydrogen, Oxygen, and Carbon. These three elements, especially Hydrogen, are among the most abundant in the universe. To say that we are alone when the building blocks of life are quite literally everywhere, is just foolish.

One of my favorite scientists, Dr. Neil DeGrasse Tyson, talks about this concept here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDRXn96HrtY

In the video he goes into some detail about the entire life forming process. It is very informative and Dr. Tyson presents the information in a rather entertaining fashion.

If we assume, the Universe is infinite, than the possibilities within this environment are infinite too. So no use to speculate about the chances. 0000.1% of infinity is infinite too.

Based on observations, the universe is in fact not infinite. Space-time itself expands faster that the speed of light (186,000 miles per second) giving the impression of infinite space. However, the observable universe appears to have a radius of 46 billion light years (1 light year is equal to 6 trillion miles, the distance light travels in a year). This means that the universe is approximately 1.33 x 10^22 light years in circumference.

According to my professor of physics, there are countless of Universes "out there". They are like spheres, and those "spheres of space-time" are connected to their neighbours via tunnels.

Or whatever... :D

Cheers... Bence

Based on observations, the universe is in fact not infinite. Space-time itself expands faster that the speed of light (186,000 miles per second) giving the impression of infinite space. However, the observable universe appears to have a radius of 46 billion light years (1 light year is equal to 6 trillion miles, the distance light travels in a year). This means that the universe is approximately 1.33 x 10^22 light years in circumference.

And you know this how? :-k

If the universe is finite, what is beyond that? Does the universe bend back into itself? Are there an infinite number of universes? Are they connected? If the universe is infinitely large, is it also infinitely small? Does it turn itself inside out? [thumbup]

If the universe is finite, what is beyond that? Does the universe bend back into itself? Are there an infinite number of universes? Are they connected? If the universe is infinitely large, is it also infinitely small? Does it turn itself inside out? [thumbup]

I have the feeling You are not taking this subject seriously. [sneaky]

:)

So if the universe is not infinite - then what is beyond it? If the universe is contained in a big box or sphere what is on the other side of the boundary?

I have the feeling You are not taking this subject seriously. [sneaky]

:)

Yes, we are! [smile] (I apologize that I did not read all previous posts before I posted, and I ended up duplicating some of the same questions.)

Archived