Gibson Brands Forums

NGD

dchristo

Congratulations Dave, the J-200 is a very special guitar. Ive recently rediscoverd the magic of the Gibson super jumbo and been playing my J-150 at gigs and home a whole lot more.

Just curious, why did you choose to go for the cut-way version ?

Congratulations Dave, the J-200 is a very special guitar. Ive recently rediscoverd the magic of the Gibson super jumbo and been playing my J-150 at gigs and home a whole lot more.

Just curious, why did you choose to go for the cut-way version ?

thanks EA, Ive been trying my hand at playing some jazz and need the extra space on the fretboard, otherwise I think the non cutaway looks much better.

is your J-150 maple ?

thanks EA, Ive been trying my hand at playing some jazz and need the extra space on the fretboard, otherwise I think the non cutaway looks much better.

is your J-150 maple ?

It most certainly is, and your argumentation for the cut away makes sense Dave. Im a bit of a purist with the big Gibson jumbo and prefer non-cutaway but for jazzy stuff maple and cutaway makes good sense. Would love to hear a sample sometime, enjoy !

thanks guys, I sold my last J-200 and regretted it the next day, I dont think Ill be selling this one.

all it needs is some grover keystone tuners and it will be complete ( they are on the way )

I had the surgery on tuesday . working on the recovery now. Its tough but I am doing it. Thanks for checking on me! Not being able to walk freely is killing me!

Keith

hope you get well soon

Archived