Gibson Brands Forums

NGD

JuanCarlosVejar

Jeremy Fuller dropped me a line this morning that he had a chance to sit down with this guitar and here's what we said

Hi Juan, Ok i got a little time this morning to sit down with the guitar. It has a very nice voice. Very crisp and clean. Not to many over tones when flat picking. And surprisingly big sound for such a small body. I think you got a good one with this !!!

DSC_0128_zps384fda03.jpg

DSC_0127_zpse0cbbb16.jpg

DSC_0126_zps02df33ed.jpg

DSC_0125_zpsaac33923.jpg

DSC_0124_zpse2abe483.jpg

DSC_0123_zps3af87fb1.jpg

DSC_0122_zps74197fe2.jpg

DSC_0121_zpsb0815811.jpg

the figure on the back reminds of some really cool small bodies from the 1930's I've seen !

it's one of only 2 that were built Lefty in 2012 ... the other one was a natural

I got it from Southpaws and they drove it over to Fuller's

I snatched this one up because Montana stopped building lefty customs for 2013 .

I'll try to demo everything I have at Fuller's in December when I go visit them

JC

thanks guys

I will take pictures of the whole family together when I get to Fuller's =)

I actually wanted one of the Aaron Lewis SJ's but they had already gone out of production when I asked about them .

but I do have a J 35 and an Original Jumbo that gibson built last year for me ... those will have to do until I find an SJ .

my girlfriend has a 3 year old nephew who is lefthanded so if he ever picks up the guitar he will hit the lefty gibson acoustic JackPot

if not I will try to get most of these to left handed guitarrists when I'm old and I'll sell them at a fair price too =)

so I hope that I can spend time with each one as time goes on so that they are nice and open when a kid in 2055 plays them

JC

I bought one of these for one of my daughters at one of the Gibson Homecomings several years ago, thanks to rar and Mrs. rar who convinced her it was the perfect guitar for her. They were right. She loves it. I also agree with all of Jeremy Fuller's comments. It's a great guitar.

Mike ,

can you post a picture if you have any readily available ?

I got this one because it was the most interesting one that Jim had at the store .

he had a J160E but it was a sunburst and I want one of the Lennon peace models .

I've seen they did a run of 200M's with a honey burst finish back in 2007 maybe that's the one your daughter has ?

there is a funny story that involves me Bob & Anne .

I ordered a lefty hummingbird T.V with a top built by Ren in early 2011 and for some reason once my guitar was done no one took the order out of the system and Ren did a second lefty hummingbird T.V ... When Bob and Anne got down to the homecoming Don told them that he had something special at the factory and it was the twin hbird T.V ... she later contacted me and we had a kick exchanging emails about the serials and everything .

She told me everything about her guitar was incredible . I think both guitars were originally honeyburst but I had ordered mine with the 1960's cherryburst finish so mine got sent back to the factory and they redid the finish . Her's stayed Honey

I can't thank Bob and Anne enough for that story ... It's beautiful to know how great things like that just happen

JC

Mike ,

can you post a picture if you have any readily available ?

I got this one because it was the most interesting one that Jim had at the store .

he had a J160E but it was a sunburst and I want one of the Lennon peace models .

I've seen they did a run of 200M's with a honey burst finish back in 2007 maybe that's the one your daughter has ?

there is a funny story that involves me Bob & Anne .

I ordered a lefty hummingbird T.V with a top built by Ren in early 2011 and for some reason once my guitar was done no one took the order out of the system and Ren did a second lefty hummingbird T.V ... When Bob and Anne got down to the homecoming Don told them that he had something special at the factory and it was the twin hbird T.V ... she later contacted me and we had a kick exchanging emails about the serials and everything .

She told me everything about her guitar was incredible . I think both guitars were originally honeyburst but I had ordered mine with the 1960's cherryburst finish so mine got sent back to the factory and they redid the finish . Her's stayed Honey

I can't thank Bob and Anne enough for that story ... It's beautiful to know how great things like that just happen

JC

I don't have any pictures available to post. Hers was made in late 2006 and we bought it in June of 2007.

I had already heard the Bob/Anne story. I know she really liked her HB and it sounded great.

That is very beautiful!

Myself being a 'rightie', can someone fill me on the difference between a lefty guitar?

I would have thought it was the nut, saddle and pickguard, except for cutaways - couldn't a luthier change a right hand one to left fairly easily?

BluesKing777.

That is very beautiful!

Myself being a 'rightie', can someone fill me on the difference between a lefty guitar?

I would have thought it was the nut, saddle and pickguard, except for cutaways - couldn't a luthier change a right hand one to left fairly easily?

BluesKing777.

Nope. The top-bracing is reversed too. For a proper "Lefty", it has to be built that way. Unless you are Molly at Willies Vintage Guitars. She plays rightie guitars left handed, right off the rack. Flips 'em around and plays sorta backwards upside down. It is both amazing to see, and confusing as all get out.

Nope. The top-bracing is reversed too. For a proper "Lefty", it has to be built that way. Unless you are Molly at Willies Vintage Guitars. She plays rightie guitars left handed, right off the rack. Flips 'em around and plays sorta backwards upside down. It is both amazing to see, and confusing as all get out.

Dan ,

I agree with you I can also play a righty guitar upside down (doing the normal righty chords upside down )

thanks to everyone for the kind comments .

you guys are a great bunch of people !

I looks forward to seeing the NGD's for all of you =)

JC

Archived