Gibson Brands Forums

Adam Lambert joins Queen

Dennis G

Just saw a segment on the local news where Adam Lambert has agreed to tour as lead singer of Queen this summer. I think it's a perfect fit, and fitting tribute to Freddie. Kudo's to AL and Queen! Can't replace the original, but this is as close as it gets IMHO.

Just saw a segment on the local news where Adam Lambert has agreed to tour as lead singer of Queen this summer. I think it's a perfect fit, and fitting tribute to Freddie. Kudo's to AL and Queen! Can't replace the original, but this is as close as it gets IMHO.

Hmm.. Hes done it before... and well no one can replace Freddie... And from what I have seen personally I don't think he even really comes close (even though his range is pretty impressive)...

I absolutely agree it's a perfect fit. And while he's not Freddie,, Lamberts got some pipes.

They will be playing about 2.5 hours away from here.

I may have to go see that one if ticket prices aren't too crazy.

I absolutely agree it's a perfect fit. And while he's not Freddie,, Lamberts got some pipes.

They will be playing about 2.5 hours away from here.

I may have to go see that one if ticket prices aren't too crazy.

yep. i agree... no one can do what Mercury could do, but it should work pretty good

I don't know man... those are some big shoes to fill. His voice dosn't really have the power the Freddie had. A little more swagger and a little less Liza.

But as the man said... that show must go on.

Probably nobody that ever saw Queen will go, so if they truly just want to do it for the generations since, I guess they should have at it. I've seen them with him on the tele, not even close, not even worthy of the name actually, but it's for the kids, so...

rct

Who is he? I've never heard of him. I just listened to those two uTube films, and he sounded to me like he'd been on helium!

Ian.

He got his start on American Idol several years ago. Pulled off a pretty good rendition of Bohemian Rhapsody if I remember correctly. Good fit for Queen, though not Freddie. He is gay, so it's a natural replacement. [flapper]

July 9 at the Forum

Cool. I thought he was the most talented of the American idol contestants. Yep I watched it and enjoyed it immensely. Has a strong voice with an unbelievable range, like Freddie did (and R. Plant and Sting). Unfortunately Freddie is dead and Brian and Roger are grey but are still kicking and want to perform. Being a greying (really grey lately) musician I really relate and cheer them on. Could give a flip if Adam's gay or young. Sing man sing.

He sounds like f***ing Ethel Mermon.

Reminds me of Slash's latest singer Myles K.

Love Slash & Queen but these singers ruin it for me.

As far as range, there's none... all high.

Both men can sing very well, I'll give 'em that, but I still find them un-listenable.

O.K., after all that... I,m In!

It's BRIAN MAY!!!

Archived