Gibson Brands Forums

Hercules Guitar Stand

Carmine457

These are the only stands I will use for any of my guitars (I own 1 warwhick rockstand for 5 guitars and another one for 7 guitars but havent used them in a while, I just got rid of my guitar excess, so I might sell them as well), the ones I do use are made by hercules but wont apply any pressure on the neck as they only touch the body:

Hercules%20folded%20stand%20elec.jpg

hercules%20GS402B.jpg

http://accessories.musiciansfriend.com/product/Hercules-Stands-GS402B-Mini-Electric-Guitar-and-Bass-Guitar-Stand?sku=453079

I usually have about a dozen hanging on the wall in my home studio using "Off the Wall" hangers it's been about 16 years now and no problems of any kind. there's about 200 lbs of pressure on a guitar neck so the 8-12 pounds of weight won't hurt the neck. I move them in cases but other than that I like them available and visible.

I use this brand because the cover is safe for all finishes including nitro.

EDIT - the stand like Thunder showed that is low and only supports the body is the only stand Ive ever had a guitar fall out of while it was on stage. A SG took a tumble with nobody even near it the guitar was luckily all right it fell into a drum set and got a few scratches but no structural damage. the center of gravity was just too low for the light SG.

ughh read the bottom of the description of the proline stand- its not safe for nitrocellulose

I know, I meant I'll have to tape some cloth around the foam so that I can use it with my SG. I checked out the guitar tonight and noticed a faint stain where it was in contact with the stand, but it's at a darker part of the finish so it's barely noticeable.

I usually have about a dozen hanging on the wall in my home studio using "Off the Wall" hangers it's been about 16 years now and no problems of any kind. there's about 200 lbs of pressure on a guitar neck so the 8-12 pounds of weight won't hurt the neck. I move them in cases but other than that I like them available and visible.

+1 Think of all the guitar shops with guitars hanging by their necks. Never heard of any issue because of it.

The foam/rubber on the up right stands is absolutely evil. I used to keep my SG on one all the time, now the bottom looks like Bill Murray's face. Use a towel or cloth to cover the points of contact. It's never had a negative effect on the neck as far as I can tell. Really, the case is best.

I use a Warwick Rockstand and Hercules Wall Hangers. The Hercules hangers are great, the arms in front raise up when downward pressure is added to lock the guitar in place. I use one mainly for my Ovation, but I also have 2 hanging on my old bedroom wall at my parents house when I visit. Both are nitro safe too.

Stands are not for extended everyday use. Keep it in the case, unless you're on stage or just taking a quick break from playing at home.

Pets, kids, and non-player adults can't be trusted around guitars in stands, and there are none that I would ever trust to not screw up the finish.

I'm with retro.

Mine are on the wall, or on a stand. At reach.

The only time they go in the case is for travel.

Kids and dogs know I will beat their a$$ (kids) or kill them (dogs) if they harm a guitar.

They can touch them. They can smell them.......

Murph.

Archived