Gibson Brands Forums

FAVORITE QUOTES

Karloff

Yogi is a TRUE WIZARD WITH THE WORDS!!! [biggrin] They still, and prolly always, make me laugh out loud.

There are soooo many great quotes from folks. Many really sage advice too. Some from so far back and it still applies today as it did when they expounded on it. [thumbup]

Aster

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't remember the name of the book, but several years ago on vacation (holiday) I had one of his "pool side reads". It was full of the stories behind the "Yogi-ism's" and it was just priceless. He's created some real classic's over the years, no?

Yes ! one of my favorites...

"When you come to a fork in the road, take it " - Yogi Berra

"No one goes there anymore, it's too crowded" - Yogi

" Man, that was a wrong mistake " - Yogi

Yogi rules! Karloff there is also a quote used by both Groucho and Lennon that I was waiting for you to use . . .

"Honey, when I'm good, I'M REAL good.....but when I'm bad I'm better".....Mae West

"I am a warrior, so my son may be a farmer, and his son may be a poet"....Thomas Jefferson

"Time is but a stream I go a fishing in"......Thoreau from Walden

"Time wounds all heels." - Groucho (can't remember which movie) and John Lennon (when he was interviewed after his immigration problem)

Yes ... lol. That's right. I remember Lennon saying that.

Time to take your french translator :)

'La vie n'est qu'un passage. Mieux vaut, tel le sage la prendre en souriant que d'insulter le vent.' Frédéric Mistral

Très bon ! Il est sage de prendre l'un passage. L'alternative n'est pas bonne.

There's a big differance between kneeling down and bending over - Frank Zappa - You Are What You Is (Album)

" If you want to make it in music today don't bother learning to play an instrument. Get a good tailor and a good barber " - Frank Zappa

“We age not by holding on to youth, but by letting ourselves grow and embracing whatever youthful parts remain.”

― Keith Richards, Life

“Why would you want to be anything else if you're Mick Jagger?”

― Keith Richards, Life

This was actually first said by Franz Kafka. But I like it anyway.

Thanks Zig.... theres a book I've had for years called "The Portable Curmudgeon", and that was where I first read it, and they gave FZ the credit, but anyone that quotes Kafka, I believe him ... lol

Life sucks and then you die.

Yeah/no but....

I think maybe a better one is the Lennon line which I think comes from 'Beautiful Boy' -

"Life is something that happens while you're making other plans"......or similar

Archived