Gibson Brands Forums

Les Paul Guitars, Share pictures of your Les Paul

4Hayden

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey clump, hey do you like that Futura?

I bought it because it has so many tonal possibilities and it does not disappoint. The Sidewinder neck pup is very P-90ish, but with no hum at all. Both pickups are split and there's a 15 dB boost built in. Tons and tons of possibilities. I really love the neck split with the boost on. It gives that classic P-90 growl and it's super sensitive to picking pressure.

I'm real happy with it, but I even like the Min-etune. [flapper]

I bought it because it has so many tonal possibilities and it does not disappoint. The Sidewinder neck pup is very P-90ish, but with no hum at all. Both pickups are split and there's a 15 dB boost built in. Tons and tons of possibilities. I really love the neck split with the boost on. It gives that classic P-90 growl and it's super sensitive to picking pressure.

I'm real happy with it, but I even like the Min-etune. [flapper]

Is it as heavy as 'they' say it is?

Looks fantastic!

Tell me, is it new or s/h. I ask because I recently bought a 10 year-old Custom Shop SG and it has the exact same case decal as your Les Paul. However, I've seen recent Custom Shop cases with a much simpler, different decal design.

It was used

Is that a '59 R-I, 4Hayden? What year - if you don't mind my asking.

Nice!

As far as mine goes;

They were last posted eight or nine months ago so I suppose there might just be one or two new members not yet sick-to-death of seeing them by now...

1991 '1960 Classic' - "Treacle" and 1993 1959 Re-Issue - "Jam";

TreaclePortraitFramedlo-res_zps4b6e9240.jpgJamPortraitFramedlo-res_zpse52607ad.jpg

1995 1960 Re-Issue - "Marmalade" and 1995 '1960 Classic' - "Honey";

MarmaladePortraitframedlo-res_zps71bdee6d.jpg HoneyPortraitFramedlo-res_zpsec6b3780.jpg

P.

You hit the nail on the head pippy , it is a 59 , What year I don't know yet

Since I went primarily to the dark side many years ago (I won't use the F word here on the Gibson forum) and as most of my humbucker equipped tools are semi-hollows, I have only one Les Paul left in the stable (although if I can find Eddie Bailey I'll offer him any amount to get my Black Beauty back).

LesPaul.jpg

1971 Deluxe. Kept for the many memories she has ground into her rosewood.

Surfpup, is that the Standard Faded? i still lust after that one.

Yes it is... 2005 Faded Standard w/60s neck. About 10.5 pounds despite the swiss cheese. I replaced the Burstbucker Pros with a WCR Crossroads set. Also has a RS Guitarworks wiring harness with the repro bumblebee caps and 500k CTS pots, an aluminum tailpiece and Tonepros ABR bridge (Callaham conversion studs) and of course reflector knobs (they have the most tonal effect) [biggrin]

Archived