Gibson Brands Forums

Hoist one for Scotland today...

rct

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm tired of people dissin their nation. Planes leave everyday, get on one already.

Really? So "patriotism" in your mind means never saying anything bad about this great nation? You do your children a terrible disservice, and when they are all working three jobs with no benefits and can't change a damn thing you can get them a plane ticket to somewhere better. Grow up. Freedom, besides not being free, means people might not see things the same as you, and the same "rights" you probably claim to love so much ensure that people can say stuff that you don't like. Buck up, buck.

rct

1411096949[/url]' post='1566192']

Really? So "patriotism" in your mind means never saying anything bad about this great nation? You do your children a terrible disservice, and when they are all working three jobs with no benefits and can't change a damn thing you can get them a plane ticket to somewhere better. Grow up. Freedom, besides not being free, means people might not see things the same as you, and the same "rights" you probably claim to love so much ensure that people can say stuff that you don't like. Buck up, buck.

rct

Your so cool... It's so posh to be dismissive of this nation...I'm sure you are the coolest guy on the forum...

Your so cool... It's so posh to be dismissive of this nation...I'm sure you are the coolest guy on the forum...

I dismissed nothing. DID YOU READ WHAT I WROTE? Did you understand the words and what they meant? Have you never seen a completely convoluted ballot question that you actually have to vote No in order to pass it? Do you think about the future, and what our kids will be up against? Do you see how Scotland allowed 16 and 17 year olds to vote on something important to their futures? Do you not see how cool THAT is? Do you not see how cool it is that a simple majority will carry such a big decision? Whens the last time you saw a simple majority carry anything here?

Maybe if more people got pissed about our shortcomings like I do and less people got butt hurt about them like you do we could change things.

rct

Getting too political for this Englishman on this thread! With this in mind, why don't Gibson players club together and buy a small country where the only politics involve playing guitar all day, trading chords, phrases and motifs and the only policy is you never have to work again because you get paid by tourists coming to see gigs!

I live in America, not Amerikur, If you don't know how to spell the name of your own nation you have bigger issues then how another nation may vote.I assume this country has been good to you, show it some respect. msp_cursing.gif

An interesting comment, given that America is a land mass, extending from Greenland to Chile, not a nation. The United States of America, however, is a nation.

I find your misspelling of my homeland quite disrespectful.

It's starting to look like a "no" for Scottland..........Or, would that be a "yes" for staying united?

That's a very good point, Stein.

55% no; 45% yes.

Regardless of personal viewpoint that's actually a good outcome.

Enough 'No' for a clear-cut result but enough 'Yes' to show that those pro- break-up are hardly a small minority and their wishes must be taken into consideration.

"There's gonna be some changes made.".

I'm still a Briton.

P.

A big sigh of relief Chez V... [thumbup]

Reading between the lines...the majority of outer-lying rural voters were 'Pro No'

Glasgow 'The Capital' was 'Pro Yes' to independence...a serious statement...

Intelligent minds on both sides are now working to devolve more decisions of government

Exciting times... :blink:

V

:-({|=

[biggrin]

+:-@

Freedom from oppression is always a good thing,,no matter where it is. The constitution of USA is what I gauge things by,,and there are many in USA trying to subvert it,,,,Not cool.

Where ever do you get the idea that the Scots are oppressed from? Scotland was not invaded or colonised, it voluntarily joined a union with England, Wales and Ireland (now just Northern Ireland) over 300 years ago. As if to highlight this point the last three Prime Ministers were ether Scottish or of Scottish ancestry, Cameron is not an English name despite being an ex Etonian snob.

Ian

...Maybe if more people got pissed about our shortcomings like I do and less people got butt hurt about them like you do we could change things...rct

That is, without a shadow of a doubt, the biggest result to come out of the referendum.

Details will have to be thrashed out - as always - but the Scottish people will from now on have a much more important input as regards things which directly affect them.

It sounds like the various regions in England, Wales and Northern Ireland will also have more of an autonomous nature - which should also be good news.

...There must me a new Collectors Edition LP coming out which is in a tasteful burst colour (notice I spelled it like the English do) for $8000 we can argue about.

Plans to release this one as part of the 2015 range have been shelved....

Scotlandguitar.png

P.

I live in America, not Amerikur, If you don't know how to spell the name of your own nation you have bigger issues then how another nation may vote.I assume this country has been good to you, show it some respect. msp_cursing.gif

WTF's under your skin, George Washington? Heaven for-freakin-bid that a regular on here should use his familiarized term of endearment for his country. I swear, there's some of the most issue-ridden people on here that can make an intelligent discussion of worldly events turn into a rock-crawling-out-from-under exercise. Gawd, when is this place gonna show the best in us? I hope people in Scotland aren't the dunces we are. [unsure]

A what was to close to call has turned out to be a landslide and the Scots have done the right thing and stayed in the union we have been in for over four hundred years.

If it had not been for Glasgow it would have been an ignominious defeat for the Yes vote.

It was also interesting to see that the Islands who are more Scots than Scots still voted No. Scotland is very much it's own country, different accent, different attitude,different weather but very much part of the Uk.

I have heard the story of the road out of Scotland being it's best thing but that road also takes you back. In the summer Scotland is full of tourists mostly American with Scottish names looking for there past. I understand Texas has Loan Star status but has never chosen to pull out but then with Scotland there is so much more history.

Where ever do you get the idea that the Scots are oppressed from? Scotland was not invaded or colonised, it voluntarily joined a union with England, Wales and Ireland (now just Northern Ireland) over 300 years ago. As if to highlight this point the last three Prime Ministers were ether Scottish or of Scottish ancestry, Cameron is not an English name despite being an ex Etonian snob.

Ian

The flawed premise of the comment (among other glaring mistakes) should tell you all you need to know about the author's depth of knowledge on a wide range of subjects. We are overrun with people who can barely communicate presenting themselves as constitutional scholars. These are strange times.

I'm glad the U.K. is still the U.K.

People seem to have missed the main issues, as usual... [-X

The Highland Fling

Tossing the Caber

Sheep

In some parts of Scotland those are mutually interchangeable.

Seriously, though; cracking list, V!...............[thumbup]

...but you forgot to mention tartan shortbread tins..............[scared]

P.

In some parts of Scotland those are mutually interchangeable.

Seriously, though; cracking list, V!...............[thumbup]

...but you forgot to mention tartan shortbread tins..............[scared]

P.

And some of the finest smoked salmon in the world [thumbup]

Archived