Gibson Brands Forums

Hoist one for Scotland today...

rct

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought this was a guitar forum. Not lets get back to what is really important. There must me a new Collectors Edition LP coming out which is in a tasteful burst colour (notice I spelled it like the Englsh do) for $8000 we can argue about.

On the subject of Les Pauls, I just figured out what I'm going to do with that spare LP100 I have lying around:

LP100retrofit_zps4bccae01.jpg

Obviously, it will be about as big a retrofit job as the one on my Jackson, requiring many of the same tasks, including creating a heel, setting the neck, and blending it in.

With nothing correctly thought through, for me "No" was the only option.

I'd love to say there are going to be some changes from Westminster, but that lot are only interested in themselves!

Nothing but a whole load of tax payers money wasted!

Glad were still United!

👍

A quick question for our Scot friends. Is it true or bogus, that the voting age was lowered to 16 for the election. I'd like to know the straight dope on that if you know.

Thanks and glad the UK is still w/ great Scotland. You'd never get the Brits into battle w/o those bagpipers a playing in front!! [biggrin]

Aster

1411097941[/url]' post='1566196']

I dismissed nothing. DID YOU READ WHAT I WROTE? Did you understand the words and what they meant? Have you never seen a completely convoluted ballot question that you actually have to vote No in order to pass it? Do you think about the future, and what our kids will be up against? Do you see how Scotland allowed 16 and 17 year olds to vote on something important to their futures? Do you not see how cool THAT is? Do you not see how cool it is that a simple majority will carry such a big decision? Whens the last time you saw a simple majority carry anything here?

Maybe if more people got pissed about our shortcomings like I do and less people got butt hurt about them like you do we could change things.

rct

I'm going to say this once, to you and to the others who have jumped on the bandwagon with the whole "right to speech" stand you are taking.1. You have the freedom to say what you want. You do not have the right to be free from criticism for what you say.2. I also have the freedom to say what I want. I understand that when I do, I open myself up to criticism, You don't, Be man enough to take heat when you say something that others may think is offensive. Perhaps I mistook the context, but understand what I said. It's trendy to make backhanded swipes at the US, and you are hip. Everyone will rush to defend the person who mocks the US or demeans it. Few ever stand by those who speak up against these things.So who really believes and repects these rights? You who cries about his rights being denied because someone else said something you didn't like? Or the one who just voiced his opinion without crying about it?Agree or not, I respect your rights, I just don't like what you said. Get over it.

I'm going to say this once, to you and to the others who have jumped on the bandwagon with the whole "right to speech" stand you are taking.1. You have the freedom to say what you want. You do not have the right to be free from criticism for what you say.2. I also have the freedom to say what I want. I understand that when I do, I open myself up to criticism, You don't, Be man enough to take heat when you say something that others may think is offensive. Perhaps I mistook the context, but understand what I said. It's trendy to make backhanded swipes at the US, and you are hip. Everyone will rush to defend the person who mocks the US or demeans it. Few ever stand by those who speak up against these things.So who really believes and repects these rights? You who cries about his rights being denied because someone else said something you didn't like? Or the one who just voiced his opinion without crying about it?Agree or not, I respect your rights, I just don't like what you said. Get over it.

I don't have anything to get over. You demonstrated clearly, right at the start, that you didn't read past Amerikur or however I spelled it. If you had, you would have understood what I was saying, and you would have read the part about how much I too love this country. If you had understood what I was saying the stupid spelling may not have bothered you.

I don't care what you think any more than you care what I think, and you are just as entitled to think it as I am. Just read all the words before you let your knee hit your chin.

If I offended you, I apologize. I don't ever want to offend anyone about anything. By the same token, if some joker spelling America like a tool is what actually bothers you about this country, try to read up on what is going on. The post was about historic voting and how they are doing it. For a good read, check out what is happening regarding voting and the Secretary of State in the great state of Kansas this week.

rct

This guy need to get laid.

If you had to choose between this and haggis, you might! [biggrin]

I'm hurt!........................[crying]

Seriously, though, have you had haggis?

Forget anything you might have heard or read about eating a sheep's stomach; an absolute fallacy!

It's just minced up bits of offal (similar to liver and kidneys etc.), some barley/oats type grain and finally seasoned well - it's usually peppery - and it's delicious!

The sheep's stomach? "My-Arse-In-Parsley" as my mum used to say when confronted with errant nonsense.

True, traditionally that's what the meat is stuffed into for cooking it.......but you don't eat it!....lol!

A quick question for our Scot friends. Is it true or bogus, that the voting age was lowered to 16 for the election...

True.

And good point made about the pipers!

P.

Seriously, though, have you had haggis?

P.

Lol,,, Damn,, I hate seeing you like this Pippy.

I feel a wee bit bad for also dissing your beloved haggis.

But I have tried it and will tell you what I didn't like about it.

What I had was traditionally made, or so I was told and was an accompany to a Thanksgiving dinner at my wife's grandmothers.

I will and I do try pretty much anything edible. Although I just can't bring myself to trying balut.

The haggis I had was very muttony. I'm not a fan of mutton at all. However, I absolutely love lamb.

But mutton is one protein I just can't get down. And the haggis I had was very strong mutton flavor.

So while I politely got it down,, I didn't take seconds.

As for it being cooked in the stomach I have no problem with that as I love me some tripe in my pho.

And I do fancy the organs. My brother and I fight over the hearts and gizzards in the birds.

Liver and onion me up and I'm a happy camper. Beef heart is always a pleasure be it the animal or the Captain.

So the reason I don't like haggis is because the only time I ever had it it had a strong mutton flavor.

Now if that's not how it is supposed to taste, I would be happy to give it another go.

Give me a tasty spring lamb anyday... yum.

But keep yer old goats... lol

oh,, and I do like goat.

Regarding Pipers, I as a rule hate Bagpipes, but if you ever get the chance to see a Scottish pipe band it's an absolute must. I try and watch the marching bands every year at Aberlour's Highland games and it's fantastic, they cause the pavements (sorry, sidewalk) to vibrate and you can feel the sound passing through your lungs. It's no wonder they lead troops into battle, I'd bet there pretty scary for an enemy.

Ian

I'm not scared of bagpipes.

But I think what the U.S. needs is an Scot-American president this time around.

Or do we say, "Scotch-American"? Scottish American? (Scotish?).

I'd even vote Irish-American. But not, DEFINITELY not English. (No offence to the English...I still like you)

Regarding Pipers, I as a rule hate Bagpipes, but if you ever get the chance to see a Scottish pipe band it's an absolute must. I try and watch the marching bands every year at Aberlour's Highland games and it's fantastic, they cause the pavements (sorry, sidewalk) to vibrate and you can feel the sound passing through your lungs. It's no wonder they lead troops into battle, I'd bet there pretty scary for an enemy.

Ian

I always get choked up when I hear Bagpipes. They seem to touch something inside.

Guest Farnsbarns

I feel the need to clear a few things up which i constantly see are miss understood...

Bag Pipes - not Scottish

Tartan - not Scottish

Kilts - not Scottish

Telephone - not a Scottish invention

Haggis - delicious, especially with a shot of whiskey poured in just after piercing. A real haggis would be illegal in the US and Canada so those of you in that part of the world have most likely not tried it, even if you think you have.

English and British are not the same thing. An Englishman is also British. A Scotsman is Scottish and British.

We're all a part of Europe (all of Britain) geographically, geologically and politically.

This... # is a hash. This...£ is a pound sign.

We do not vote for a prime minister, we vote for a party who's leader can change at any time.

Seriously, though, have you had haggis?...

It's just minced up bits of offal (similar to liver and kidneys etc.), some barley/oats type grain and finally seasoned well - it's usually peppery - and it's delicious!

Fair enough. I have not tried it. But it sounds pretty delicious when you describe it - better than fried Mars bars even. Don't guess you can ship me some, but one day I shall try it. I promise.

Archived