Gibson Brands Forums

NGD

JuanCarlosVejar

A thing of beauty. The understated elegance of the headstock and the sparse ornamentation all-around; lets that dramatic Koa do all the talking. The 2nd photograph, the closeup of the top with just a bit of the herringbone showing on the sides = suitable for framing.

You must've had your doubts if it was to reach you by the holidays... looks like they'll be memorable for you. Congrats and enjoy.

Thanks guys .

I appreciate your kind words.

I am finally returning to the U.S in late January of nexy year around the time of the NAMM show.

Hopefully after I get settled in the folks at Fuller's can send me this guitar .

It's been a long wait .I was very nervous about this guitar .

I wanted some really nice koa on it and I'd seen some righty examples which were underwhelming.

But I am glad the people at martin chose what they did on mine.

JC

I am finally returning to the U.S in late January of nexy year around the time of the NAMM show. Hopefully after I get settled in the folks at Fuller's can send me this guitar . . .

You must be very patient. I'd be chomping at the bit to get my hands on that little beauty. Looking forward to your comments after you receive her. . B)

You must be very patient. I'd be chomping at the bit to get my hands on that little beauty. Looking forward to your comments after you receive her. . B)

Me too!

I have waited 3 months for a neck and stuff on my old Gibson, not for a new guitar, but the range of emotions for a guitar are way different than waiting for something static like furniture or books etc. I don't like waiting for a guitar on delivery even now!

You must have been close to imploding! And you still haven't got it in your hot little hands. Be warned music shop, I have a new 'play it buy it' policy!

BluesKing777.

Thanks guys .

As far as the guard I like it ... the original guitar this replicates is one of three made in 1921 and was found by Fred Oster.

It was a special order do to : a) being ordered with a pickguard 9 years prior to the first OM's B) It was said up for normal style plsying and not Hawaiian style.

The other 2 originals from '21 had no guard.

This is a gem in my opinion and even though I'm not a huge martin man and will forever be a gibsonite this feels like a little ruby or emerald in a collection of Montana Yogo Sapphires.

JC

Archived