Gibson Brands Forums

Advice For The Youngsters.

Murph

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually a vacuum sucks' date=' gravity...well it's 9.80665 m/s2 or 32.174 ft/s2 and the only time it sucks is when you're falling from great heights. :-k [/quote']

you forgot the direction... when giving an acceleration you need a direction 9.8 m/s2 (down)

you forgot the direction... when giving an acceleration you need a direction 9.8 m/s2 (down)

I would have thought that the "falling from great heights" would have been a dead give away...but for those that require a direction...DOWN.

"Gravity...it's not just a good idea...it's the LAW"

I would have thought that the "falling from great heights" would have been a dead give away...but for those that require a direction...DOWN.

"Gravity...it's not just a good idea...it's the LAW"

could have been another planetary body passing at a right angle to our own earth that had sufficient mass to effectively neutralize our standard rate of acceleration towards earths center and thus the need for a direction.

If you put lipstick on a pig, it's still a pig. A sexy pig, but a pig nevertheless.

Confucius say: Man that run in front of car get run down. Man that run behind car get exhausted. Man that run beside car pretty damn fast.

Don't trust anything that bleeds for 5 days and doesn't die.

Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity.

It's hard to make a comeback when you haven't been anywhere.

Things are a lot more like they used to be than they are now.

To do is to be. (Descartes)

To be is to do. (Voltaire)

Do be do be do. (Sinatra)

They are extremists and should be ostracized (look it up; it's a big word)

since we ARE sticking to proper English, i believe the word is 'ostracised'.

extremists is a bit harsh no? they're not exactly terrorising innocent civilians...

Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity.

With respect' date=' this sounds all clever and peaceful and downright butt-wiggly in concept. There was even a time when I'd have thought myself particularly clever for repeating it. But it just ain't true. In fact it's BS.

If you can read and write, thank a teacher. If you read and write in English, thank a Vet.

[img']http://i359.photobucket.com/albums/oo39/Cruznolfart/Second%20Amendment/IMG_0755.jpg[/img]

That's my Dad on his 24th birthday, fighting for peace. Well, at the moment his combat was temporarily suspended while he was a guest of the German military in Oflag 64, Schuben, Poland. The Class A uniform and tie were passed from POW to POW so they'd all look well groomed and healthy. He was an Infantry officer. Eleven Bravo! He spent the next 36 years in the service of his country. His Father served, my brother and I have served (Eleven Bravo!), both my Sons served, one is still active duty after 10 years, 2 Iraq tours and 3 to Afghanistan...fighting for peace.

"The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil Constitution, are worth defending at all hazards; and it is our duty to defend them against all attacks. We have received them as a fair inheritance from our worthy ancestors: they purchased them for us with toil and danger and expense of treasure and blood, and transmitted them to us with care and diligence. It will bring an everlasting mark of infamy on the present generation, enlightened as it is, if we should suffer them to be wrested from us by violence without a struggle, or to be cheated out of them by the artifices of false and designing men." Samuel Adams

Just a slightly different take on the relationship between sex and peace. There isn't one liberty you enjoy that wasn't paid for in blood. Just be grateful and work for a better world. Trust me, if someone decides to deprive you and yours of your liberties and peace, your choice will be to fight or roll over. I'll fight...again if I have to.

With respect' date=' this sounds all clever and peaceful and downright butt-wiggly in concept. There was even a time when I'd have thought myself particularly clever for repeating it. But it just ain't true. In fact it's BS.

If you can read and write, thank a teacher. If you read and write in English, thank a Vet.

[img']http://i359.photobucket.com/albums/oo39/Cruznolfart/Second%20Amendment/IMG_0755.jpg[/img]

That's my Dad on his 24th birthday, fighting for peace. Well, at the moment his combat was temporarily suspended while he was a guest of the German military in Oflag 64, Schuben, Poland. The Class A uniform and tie were passed from POW to POW so they'd all look well groomed and healthy. He was an Infantry officer. Eleven Bravo! He spent the next 36 years in the service of his country. His Father served, my brother and I have served (Eleven Bravo!), both my Sons served, one is still active duty after 10 years, 2 Iraq tours and 3 to Afghanistan...fighting for peace.

"The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil Constitution, are worth defending at all hazards; and it is our duty to defend them against all attacks. We have received them as a fair inheritance from our worthy ancestors: they purchased them for us with toil and danger and expense of treasure and blood, and transmitted them to us with care and diligence. It will bring an everlasting mark of infamy on the present generation, enlightened as it is, if we should suffer them to be wrested from us by violence without a struggle, or to be cheated out of them by the artifices of false and designing men." Samuel Adams

Just a slightly different take on the relationship between sex and peace. There isn't one liberty you enjoy that wasn't paid for in blood. Just be grateful and work for a better world. Trust me, if someone decides to deprive you and yours of your liberties and peace, your choice will be to fight or roll over. I'll fight...again if I have to.

Hey Cruznolfart, I didn't mean any offense by that virginity / peace comment. Personally, I'm not anti-war and I have immense respect for veterans, including everyone fighting in both Iraq and Afghanistan. That was just a quote I pulled off the internet that I thought was amusing, I didn't necessarily mean anything by it. My honest opinion is that you can't have peace without war, and you can't have war without peace. I think it's awesome that your dad is a veteran; I have 4 relatives who fought in WWII and I have great respect for each and every one of them.

So... are we cool?

Hey Cruznolfart' date=' I didn't mean any offense by that virginity / peace comment. Personally, I'm not anti-war and I have immense respect for veterans, including everyone fighting in both Iraq and Afghanistan. That was just a quote I pulled off the internet that I thought was amusing, I didn't necessarily mean anything by it. My honest opinion is that you can't have peace without war, and you can't have war without peace. I think it's awesome that your dad is a veteran; I have 4 relatives who fought in WWII and I have great respect for each and every one of them.

So... are we cool?[/quote']

No offense taken, thank you. And I do appreciate your clarification. Forgive me for preaching to the choir. We were never anything BUT cool. [-(

Archived