Gibson Brands Forums

Simon and G America on J45

passthej45

Don't be hard on yourself.

You just sang a song... That makes you a singer.

If , and it is an 'if' , there was anything wrong with it, it stems from the notion that you don't think you're a singer. Have a beer and lose the nerves. You shouldn't have any nerves.

I thought it was rather good.

Yea, I think you did fine also. That is a song I sing and play on a good day so I can appreciate your effort. Note, I said on a good day for myself. Nice job.

steve

BUT I thought the guitar recorded nicely....

It did! It was also played really well! Sure, the melody line is nigh impossible to sing, but you showed you could be on top of it. Put the camera a little further away next time; you missed the guitar work!

And grow your hair. ;)

First....sorry about the camera work. When using the ipad camera I either wind up shootng right up my nose or(in this case) the top of my head. I used the Apogee mic into the ipad , that's it. The strings are Elixir mediums(56-13). Thanks for the compliments and encouragement, y'all are very kind.

It did! It was also played really well! Sure, the melody line is nigh impossible to sing, but you showed you could be on top of it. Put the camera a little further away next time; you missed the guitar work!

And grow your hair. ;)

Hey wait....why do I have to grow my hair ? Fifty six year olds should not have pony tails OR mullets !

Seriously, that was talent. You delivered on that song. Had I heard it on your "album" I would've thought what a great version. Never crossed my mind that you weren't a PRO.

You chose a difficult song, too. Keep sharing! And have someone help you get your fretwork in the shot! (We all want to see how you DID it.)

Cheers!

I really liked that and the guitar sounds great. Would like to have seen your fretting hand more though!

Didn't use the Apogee mic or really even sing it....just a shot of the fretboard with quiet vocals to keep place in the song....

Archived