Gibson Brands Forums

NGD

Tman5293

Really nice to see you back!

That IS sweet, Tman.

Many hearty HNGD returns of the day.

[thumbup]

I'd be interested to hear the reappraised views of forumites concerning the 120th inlay.

I know there was much negative murmuring at the time but I can well imagine that History will allow it a more balanced verdict and in times to come it will probably (IMO) be appreciated as a 'detail of it's time' in much the same way as the many and varied 12th fret (usually) engraved inlays from the past are regarded today.

Nice Score.

Pip.

Thanks guys. I absolutely love the guitar. It's easily the best guitar I have ever owned and that's saying something considering I also have a custom built Strat. It took me an hour and a half to pick this guitar. I played about 30 different Les Pauls before I settled on this one. This was actually the very first one I played when I walked into the shop and after playing all those other guitars I couldn't find one that sounded better.

Hello!

Congratulations!

I must admit, I am not a fan of 'bursts, - I guess - I have seen way too many to have any effect on me.

But Yours, makes my eyes wet! Very, very nice! Enjoy it with good health!

That inlay is perfect there. I think, it's a good thing Gibson marks it's anniversary models. (Wish I could get a 20th Anniversary Custom one day :)).

Best wishes... Bence

Some newcomers have clearly never had the pleasure of seeing your equally gorgeous Strat so I propose we get a shot with the LP and Strat together when you get a bit of time!

[smile]

Pip.

Some newcomers have clearly never had the pleasure of seeing your equally gorgeous Strat so I propose we get a shot with the LP and Strat together when you get a bit of time!

[smile]

Pip.

I'll see what I can do tomorrow in the daylight. Might have to throw the SG in there as well for good measure. Maybe the Reverend too. msp_biggrin.gif

VERY nice! As many have said; 2014 is a good year for Gibsons! Indeed! I love bursts and yours is fantastic! Enjoy!

BTW- I see your SG is an '08 Special. Looks great-love the reflection of the clouds in that pic! I recently traded mine; was an '08 Special Blue Mist Ltd. w/ ebony board.

Brian

Archived