Gibson Brands Forums

Facebook.

LarryUK

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Way to go mate. [thumbup]

I have discovered some interesting bands though it and then linked through to their youtubes/websites, and I also use it to check for mates'/local/favourite bands adventures and upcoming gigs, so use it as a passive service I guess, but I'd hate to have to deal with having my own page.

Proud of you for taking this big step. The cell phone and social media have invaded every facet of our lives. People can't seem to get enough videos of kittens. Saw a news story last night about an email and facebook war that ended in a double homicide. A middle aged spinster started it by creating a couple of fake identities and associated email and facebook. It all blew up when her dad went and shot two people he suspected of sending his daughter nasty messages.

I deactivated my fbk account about 3 years ago.

I don't miss it; decided it was a complete waste of time for me, though it can be useful if you are in a band - I'm still in my band and we need a fbk page really.....

Facebook caused more trouble than 90 proof ever did.

Preach It Brother! Been off for over 3 years now- better without it.

I do however miss all the interesting shots of people's food, whole and partially consumed; videos that make "America's Funniest" look like it was Jeopardy, and stimulating stuff like that... :rolleyes:

Brian

I enjoy facebok. I use it for keeping up with friends and family. It's become a lot more handy with the "Hide This Page" feature the means I don't have to read my friends reposts from "MoveOn.Org" and other political BS. Just their actual posts and photos about their lives.

I always thought facebook was for women and children. Never had an account. I've said that here before and caught he11. I don't get it, never did. Everyone I know who uses it wants to "show me" some stupid picture or video ALL THE TIME. And they are forever in a "war" with someone.

I know people who appear to have problems with it, like an addiction, constantly posting pictures of every aspect of their lives. I'm kind of anti social I guess, and really don't give a crap about your cat. Or your kids. Or your car. Or your house. Or your last meal. Or your OPINION. I actually don't like cats.

I worry about the youth and this weird quest for fame and to be constantly seen. I guess as musicians, most of the people in this forum would naturally have a desire to be seen and heard, but I think the talent would have something to do with that. Also the business / capitalist side of it as well.

I started a Youtube page hoping someone would want to record one of my stupid songs so I could make some money. No point in having copyrights sitting in a drawer.

I do wonder how history will look back on facebook.

History always does that..........

I deactivated my fbk account about 3 years ago.

I don't miss it; decided it was a complete waste of time for me, though it can be useful if you are in a band - I'm still in my band and we need a fbk page really.....

Same here jdgm

4H

You guys really get out more. One of my favorite pages on Facebook is the one o started for Gibson Ripper G3 and Grabber fans. It gets a hell of a lot more traffic than the bass section of this forum.

Speaking of web forums... Ain't those just full of guys that live in their moms basement and argue about D&D and Star Wars movies all day?

But hey.. Cat pictures! 😅

Guest Farnsbarns

I created an account years ago but only for business purposes. Had to have a personal account to set up a business page but I have never used it. I already have too many friends and I'm all sorted for methods of communicating with them.

My wife uses it, I always wonder what her and girl friends talk about when they get together. They've all shared every detail of their day to day lives, in real time, with pictures and videos.

Facebook is great, like everything else, use it in moderation and for the right reasons and it is great.

Except for Twiz I know every friend personally, it helps me keep up with music events, bands, news.

I find it strange to hear these kind of comments on an Internet forum?

Some of you have met through here and then in person, some of you talk to each other as if you knew each other. Is it so bad?

Like everything else use media in moderation and all of you internet dudes will be alright.

Cool, so the 470/475 reference was simply an exaggeration to try to make some sort of point?

Fact is, here we are taking and we don't know each other.

I am pretty sure if we were at a bar having a couple of beers and talking about music we'd probably have a good time.

Guest Farnsbarns

Cool, so the 470/475 reference was simply an exaggeration to try to make some sort of point?

I know people with thousands of friends on Facebook they have never met, don't know, never actually talk to and have no desire to.

I don't know any people that do that. The closest thing is I have a friend that works for a local brewery and he gets requested by many people he meets just once but that comes with the territory.

I love Facebook, don't abuse it, don't spend a lot of time in it but I use s lot of the functionality.

In excess even water will kill you.

I don't know any people that do that. The closest thing is I have a friend that works for a local brewery and he gets requested by many people he meets just once but that comes with the territory.

I love Facebook, don't abuse it, don't spend a lot of time in it but I use s lot of the functionality.

In excess even water will kill you.

Stop being so reasonable Jeorge! [thumbup]

I spend too much time on here as it is.

I think it requires discipline, and that's up to each to figure out what it is.

I was off-line for months, and as it was, I felt was much better for me, for a lot of reasons. Didn't have anything at all. I found I spent my time doing things that were more productive. And weird thing: it was kinda nostalgic. I kinda remembered how it was when I was younger and used to DO things to keep me from being bored.

Didn't last....needed the E-mail for work. So here I am.

One thing for sure, things are changing fast. It wasn't long ago that when a person avoided such things, they were applauded for not having distractions they DIDN'T NEED. Now, if you are not connected, it's seen as a pain for everybody else. A person is less "responsible" if they don't have accounts set up for instant communication.

I am resisting the Smart-phone, or whatever it is. But I don't think it will last for me. Not looking forward to it.

Archived