Gibson Brands Forums

Fire and Rain cover

Avery

Very nicely done.

Is that a J-15 you're playing? I can see what all the fuss is about: the guitar sounds great and compliments your voice.

Thanks, really appreciate it. Yeah, it's a J-15, I think it's a great guitar, and you can't beat the price for a real Gibson.

Avery, I think I've said it before but it's worth saying again. You have a great folky guitar style and voice - I really like your videos. Great rendition of a JT song.. [thumbup]

I keep looking at the J15 and then talking myself out of getting one. You got me on the undecided track again. [cursing]

That was very enjoyable. I have always wanted to learn this song but have never attempted it on account of my limited fingerpicking skills. I might tackle it now using your post as a tutorial. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks, I really appreciate it. Check out the link below, it's how I learned this song. This guy Jerry is a really great teacher, breaks everything down.

Once I got that down, I looked at James Taylor's own lesson for some nuances. But honestly, the first video really was the most helpful.

Archived