Gibson Brands Forums

What's for breakfast,lunch, or dinner?

Mr. Gibson

Wife and I are in Hong Kong. Had Dim Sum in the provence where it was invented. I usually try not to eat too many carbs. Couldn't resist tonight. Also sautéed snow pea sprouts. Unbelievable good. Walked outside to a monsoon downpour. Fantastic and unique night for a couple of Californians.

IMG_1891_zps1ggj8hvw.jpg

Sooooo jealous!

We trying a short cruise next month and if we like it we will do one next year to Asia with Hong Kong being the main place we'd like to visit. Did you get a recommendation as to where to eat, or just try pot luck?

A good friend fabricated and welded some replacement brackets on my boat trailer for me as a favour and wouldn't take payment so we took them out to tea last night (burp).

I had chicken mignon. beer battered chips and salad. I seldom have dessert but gave in and had an ice cream sunday with caramel topping....Yummo!

Sooooo jealous!

We trying a short cruise next month and if we like it we will do one next year to Asia with Hong Kong being the main place we'd like to visit. Did you get a recommendation as to where to eat, or just try pot luck?

Digger my wife used Yelp. It was raved about and it was a Michelin 1 star! We are still talking about it and savorimg our belches :-). (TMI I know)

Last night we had gummy shark or as it's known locally as "Flake". I crumbed it and shallow fried in a small amount of olive oil until it was golden brown. Accompanying we had oven baked chips and a lovely cole slaw. The chips were home made.

It's always a meal we enjoy very much!

At the risk of repeating ourselves we had a lamb roast last night again. It was magnificent!

One of our supermarkets has small pieces of lamb in cryovac packaging and I think that must do something like hanging it for longer, because it's as tender as all get-out!

Most other lamb we buy is hit and miss, some being like old boots, but this has been great every time!

Veggies roasted to perfection and the bonus is that Bella has a lovely bone waiting for her today!

I love a bit of lamb but it's expensive in the UK and the frozen NZ cuts are cheaper than English lamb!

Have been eating PORRIDGE for breakfast for last few days.

Tonight's dinner was one of my favourites -

cold chicken with freshly prepared salad, olive oil, balsamic vinegar and a teaspoon of turmeric all mixed in.

Followed by one FIG. Figs are good.

Sadly I seem to have poisoned our two fig trees! That and 4/6 citrus trees in my citrus bed. (I have other citrus in another orchard)

I must have been spraying weeds under them with roundup and there must have been one stray bit of spray going off to the side. It's taking a couple of years to kill them, but kill them I have. I'll cut them out next year and replant.

However, figs are nice!

Wish we wouldn't have now but Deb suggested going to Old Chicago restraunt for lunch and I ordered a hamburger and salad. The burger medium well done. Worst hamburger I've ever eaten and not because it was medium well done because I've had several before cooked that way and they were great. This one was more like rare, total pink or reddish inside, only the outside was cooked and it had fat on it and gave me a very bad upset stomach. Had to go the bathroom 4 times. I'll never order another hamburger there again. Wife said hers was bad too but not as bad as mine. Dinner was spaghetti and that was good.

Gael had a busy day with meetings all day and was worn out when she got home so I did tea.

Made a couple of family size beef, bacon & onion pies. Had a nice mix of veggies and yes it was lovely.

Best part is we have a few more meals when we don't feel like cooking, so into the freezer the left over pies go!