Gibson Brands Forums

1959 Les Paul on eBay

Guitar God

$370000 for a 2nd hand guitar with a missing pup cover?

Hmmm… let’s see:

I’d need to get a coil tap installed, put on some G-Force tuners, replace the pup covers with ‘removable pickguard’ apertures, get another pup cover, and then sell the Les Paul I bought last year. After all who needs 2 Les Pauls right?

Nah, …think I’ll give it a miss. I might not bond with it ;)

Even if it all checks out the 375k is sky high. 200k is more in line with today's prices (and still plenty hard to get).

You sure?

This has unusually high flame, and two double creams.

I think 375k is a dropped price. I think it's more like 80's prices.

You sure?

This has unusually high flame, and two double creams.

I think 375k is a dropped price. I think it's more like 80's prices.

Oh, I'm sure. At recent shows prices have been much closer to $200k USD - celebrity owned instruments being the exception of course. And they aren't selling at those prices either. But hey, you can ask whatever you want and drop to whatever you want as well.

The Reverb price guide confirms this as well with a range of 140k-240k USD... But again you can ask what you want - someone might pay it. But as far as average current prices that guitar is high.

Oh, I'm sure. At recent shows prices have been much closer to $200k USD - celebrity owned instruments being the exception of course. And they aren't selling at those prices either. But hey, you can ask whatever you want and drop to whatever you want as well.

The Reverb price guide confirms this as well with a range of 140k-240k USD... But again you can ask what you want - someone might pay it. But as far as average current prices that guitar is high.

I agree. Just went through VG last night at the Barnes and Chernobyls. I'd say a good two years of steady declines in the "vintage" market, probably pretty depressing for them guys that are all balled up in it. Strats and teles and Les Pauls are still three times what they should be but getting better. Only REALLY old Martins are stupid money anymore.

As a very interested observer that never partook of the Vintage KoolAid I say [laugh] [laugh] [laugh] [laugh] [laugh]

rct

Archived