Gibson Brands Forums

NGD: MIM Telecaster

dbrian66

I got this guitar a couple of weeks ago. I have been wanting a Tele for awhile, just because I didn't have one. I found this one on Craigslist for $315.00 and pulled the trigger. It is amazing how "country" this guitar sounds. Can't help but play it in that style. :-) I am really impressed overall by this guitar. At this price point, its put together real nice.

815B5CB3-0424-4EC0-831E-1F8CCB073685_zps3bcafspu.jpg

B47A0DDA-01EA-41C9-92B5-C902F666557D_zpszv2m9dal.jpg

Nice Tele without a doubt.

But I am without a Tele! [scared]

One day this will be rectified!

Nothing wrong with MIM stuff either. My Roland strat is MIM and that is fine and the more so since I replaced the standard pickups and put Kinman "woodstock" pickups in.

...My Roland strat is MIM and that is fine and the more so since I replaced the standard pickups and put Kinman "woodstock" pickups in.

Excuse me for derailing the thread. The MIA Roland Strat now sells 50% cheaper here. (It was 698.000 HUF - now around 350.000 HUF)

http://www.mezzoforte.hu/roland-g-5a-car-vg-stratocaster-elektromos-gitar/P28786

Bence.

Good lord - three hundred bucks for a MIM AND a case? (A MIM tele over here is a grand, without as much as a gig bag. I gotta get out of Sweden...)

Good deal. Happy playing!

Just the guitar. The case was mine already. Still a pretty good deal though I think. Most of the ones I see are going for closer to $400.00.

Many congrats on the very nice guitar and great deal!

I happen to prefer the feel of MIM Strats over the USA-line ones (at least I did when I was out on the hunt) and, perhaps unbelievably, my Squier Tele plays nicer (just my opinion) than did my early '80's double-bound '60s Tele Custom R-I.

Pick Away!

Pip.

Thanks for all the comments guys. I tend to be a set neck, two humbucker, mahogany body guitar guy myself. But in the past year or so I have got this one and a P-90 guitar. I guess I am broadening my horizons! :).

Not an ounce of shame in the MIM stuff. Atsa nice tele dbrian.

I was pickin my kid up some hotrods the other day and left a sweet sweet MIM strat hanging on the wall.

It played so damn nice. I wouldn't even touch the set up. It was ready to go.

I still may go back for it,, if I can just sneak it in the house.

perhaps unbelievably, my Squier Tele plays nicer (just my opinion) than did my early '80's double-bound '60s Tele

Dude, I have a pawn shop Squire strat I absolutely love how it plays. Best 80 bucks I ever spent.

and the MIM doesn't bother me at all. my favorite beer is MIM ...

That's because there is no good beer made down there.

lol,,, I kid,, I kid.

But your post did make me lol. Thanks for that.

Congrats on the Tele. I had wanted one for quite some time but couldn't find the one. Then I came across this MiM from 2004 in great shape, the right price and in the colour I wanted...black. I put a black pickguard (mint green didn't look right to me) and vintage style three saddle bridge on it. Maple 21 fret necks are a must for a Tele.

DSC_0125_zpsnnkagbwi.jpg

Congrats on the Tele. I had wanted one for quite some time but couldn't find the one. Then I came across this MiM from 2004 in great shape, the right price and in the colour I wanted...black. I put a black pickguard (mint green didn't look right to me) and vintage style three saddle bridge on it. Maple 21 fret necks are a must for a Tele.

DSC_0125_zpsnnkagbwi.jpg

That's nice. Same year as mine. Love the black on black.

It really is amazing how nice these things play.

Archived