Gibson Brands Forums

Close to pulling the trigger

daveinspain

here I am in Boston so I make my usual guitar store rounds... Mr.Music, a couple random shops and Guitar Center... While in GC I see an ES 175 in the back case with the expensive guitars but it has a clearence sale tag on it... Tag says 1959 ES 175 Historic, was $4899 clearence price $2799... I asked to play it... Felt and sounded great. Original list was $6939, has the historic tan case with pink interior. No serial number or made in USA on back of head stock. Serial number only on the label inside the guitar body.

I made an offer...

No serial number or made in USA on back of head stock. Serial number only on the label inside the guitar body.

Is that because that was how it was done back in '59....? :-k

The 2016 one (compare the price) seems to have no stamp or number there either -

http://www.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/2016/Memphis/1959-ES-175D.aspx

Hope it works out. Of course this thread you started back in 2015 "i will not buy any more guitars" is coming true now!

http://forum.gibson.com/index.php?/topic/123040-i-will-not-buy-anymore-guitars/page__p__1673146__fromsearch__1#entry1673146

;) [smile]

image_zpsmwuwdxzu.jpeg

I might say, from what I see here, I can't imagine doing any better than this here.

It really looks like a '59 or original in the pic, the color just looks right. Digging how nice the case looks as a bonus.

And as far as the price and the particular model, again, don't think you could do better regardless of what other options you could do. Won't find it too much cheaper, and not likely find one much better.

1465853299[/url]' post='1777564']

Hope it works out. Of course this thread you started back in 2015 "i will not buy any more guitars" is coming true now!

http://forum.gibson...._1#entry1673146

;) [smile]

That's funny. I posted a photo of Pinocchio on face book with a very long nose promising my wife I won't buy no more guitars. I have 5 And I never gigged. Looks like a great find. Congrats if you get it.

$2799 is damn good price for a historic piece. Its already been marked down to move. Offer $2799 out the door.

I offered 2500, they said cant do it... So as I was leaving the store I said, what a shame if you took my offer I'd be walking out with it. The salesman said hold on let me talk to the manager again, for 2500 you'll buy it now? I said yes. He came back and said, I'm gonna make you very happy, you got it for $2500...

It was very lucky they must have been very motivated to make a sale. They had the guitar in the store for a long time, it's actually a 2014 model but it's bran spanking new and was always in the glass case...

I offered 2500, they said cant do it... So as I was leaving the store I said, what a shame if you took my offer I'd be walking out with it. The salesman said hold on let me talk to the manager again, for 2500 you'll buy it now? I said yes. He came back and said, I'm gonna make you very happy, you got it for $2500...

It was very lucky they must have been very motivated to make a sale. They had the guitar in the store for a long time, it's actually a 2014 model but it's bran spanking new and was always in the glass case...

What a result! I'm happy for you. Spread the love later with another couple of pics (though an audio file would be so much better. Any chance?)

Congratulations Dave [thumbup]

You did even better! [thumbup] [thumbup] [thumbup] Congrat!! [tongue]

Archived