Gibson Brands Forums

Sunday song , j29

blindboygrunt

Yeah, that's a big difference BBG, the J-29 no longer sounds like a boxy, ladder braced LG-1 but a full, rich and charming slope. Suits your style of playing well and I get why you like it. Something between the D-35 and j-45.

Superb vocals. Of course, as usual have no idea what the song is but like what I heard.

Ah yes that is most excellent.Guitar sounds A1 Gibson.Perfect for this. And I think your natural vocal style is the closest to Jeffrey Foucault of all our posters here.You get the same emotional tone as he does. I've mucked around with that song too.Got the same songbook we share around.

Beautiful job!You'll get a lot of pleasure from that guitar.

Wow, that was stunningly good! Just the kind of slow, mournful songs I love so much. You do it extremely well. I'm envious, to say the least.

I will check out the original version, not because I think it will sound any better, but out of curiosity.

Lars

[thumbup] Really cool performance and recording!

I missed your NGD thread. Congratulations. Since I also own j-45 HC, I'd be interested in your thoughts on how these compare.

I never had much interest in the model, guess I'm not a rosewood guy, Anyway, this guitar sounds great in your hands.

Enjoying the new guitar a lot .

What you reckon ?

I reckon that you, sir, are a fine singer and your guitar playing is exactly right for this song. Great job and thanks for sharing .... keep 'em coming! Love the new guitar in your hands.

Archived