Gibson Brands Forums

scratching the back of guitar

tibs

Guitar compliant clothes are the way to go. As Sparky said, soft cotton is fine, and a belt buckle is bad. Gummed imprints on clothing are also dangerous.

I'm fanatic about my stuff since 36 years. Preserving my guitars has always ruled my stage presence.

Play Naked

Will work for the guitars, but you may keep your hair from being caught by string ferrules, vibrato parts or the like. Also check for applicable clothing rules before appearing in the nude at public events.

hi all i was wanting to know if there is anything to stop scratching the back of my les paul studio faded cherry

mike

Well clearly THAT is your problem... 'les paul studio faded cherry'.

Any other guitar - Not an issue.

:)

Well clearly THAT is your problem... 'les paul studio faded cherry'.

Any other guitar - Not an issue.

:)

wear your buckle to the side

don't tuck in your shirt

wear a scarborough dinner jacket

grow a belly

wear suspenders

put reflectors on the back like evh

don't worry about it because it's not that kind of guitar.

• 2 weeks later...

Yep, simple. Play with your shirt untucked and avoid metal buttons. Also, stay away from ornate belt buckles. I've been playing many of the same guitars since 2001, and I have few if any even light scratches. If you're referring to the very light scratches that you can see faintly in the light, those are pretty much unavoidable. Even a new guitar may have some of those. Since you're referring to the faded series, you should not have a finish, so the light scratches may not be an issue.

Archived