Gibson Brands Forums

I DID IT

pappy

1_Full_Straight_Front_NA-7a4235408e1902660296694ceeca36d2.jpg8_Full_Left_Front_NA-e8e288bb4de6ae87ec02e760ff070159.jpg3_Headstock_Left_Front_NA-cec07bdf53984cf491ab6320eb27da45.jpg

After much contemplation and considering all those that had offered their opinions, I came to the decision to purchase a new Epi Hummingbird. Did get out and play a few and I was happy to say that although not the Gibson it will meet my needs for the time being. Everyone came up with some solid ideas as to what course of action they might have followed, and it did give me plenty of food for thought. I had to look at the amount of time and money I would have available to me in the next few months. The unfortunate reality is that with my last daughter getting married this fall and the medical bills this year is going to be a bit on the tight side.

Sitting down and looking at it logically, I came to the conclusion that I will be happy with the Epi and counted my blessings that Anne has met a wonderful man and that she is happy and they will be married in the fall. The wife and I will now have all 6 of our children married, and excited for the two future newlyweds.

I can only say that no one will know what the New Year will hold for them and that this will satisfy my desire for something that I can look forward to obtaining in the future.eusa_dance.gifHappy New Year to you all.

Pappy

Firstly can I offer my most sincere congratulations for you, your wife and your six children. That is testimony enough for the heartiest of praise!

Secondly; similar congrats on the Epiphone Hummingbird. I hope you find as much delight in yours as I have found in mine.

My very best wishes to you and yours for the coming year; you have much to be thankful for and I have no doubt you deserve every bit of the forthcoming fun and games!

msp_thumbup.gif

Pip.

Congratulations for both your family and guitar.

The Epiphone acoustics are really great guitars, last year I borrowed a bandmates 12 string (which can be bought new for just £150) and was amazed at how good it was. It had been well set up, but I really wasn't expecting much for that price, how wrong I was! I'm very tempted to buy one myself.

Ian

Since I was 13 I have wanted a Guild Jumbo 12 string. The first time I priced one it was $499. Way to much for this 15 year old in 1985. Eventually I bought an Alvarez 12 Jumbo in a pawn shop for $125. I figured that would do till I found that Guild. Truth be told, the Alvarez is beat up with mismatched tuners and a crack in the lower bout but it's a fine guitar. I have grown to love it. Not long ago I found another vintage Guild 12 string jumbo in a local shop. It was $2200. I played it a bit and my wife said "Nice! But is it $2000 nicer that the Alvarez?"

The answer was clearly no. At this point I can't see me ever buying the Guild 12 and I'm perfectly fine with that. [thumbup]

Archived