Gibson Brands Forums

Classic Roy

jaxson50

One of the guys I do remember from when I was a kid watching Tv..

I guess it was a little known fact is how good this cat could play.

His entire demeanor was pretty low key and a lot of fun to watch, he could clown it up real good, but that guy had chops.

One of the guys I do remember from when I was a kid watching Tv..

I guess it was a little known fact is how good this cat could play.

Perhaps the jokes sometimes overshadowed the playing on Hee Haw, but I would say it was VERY well known that the cat cold really play.

Hee Haw was one of the first shows that inspired me to play guitar. I remember watching Buck Owens and wanting his red, white and blue guitar. Then, hearing Roy Clark play on there (banjo and guitar) and hearing him again on the Beverly Hillbillies was definitely an inspiration. I was also a Johnny Cash, Glen Campbell and Elvis Presley fan in the late 60's and early 70's and they all played guitar as well. Glen was exceptionally good, and I used to love to hear him play too. Hearing KISS for the first time tuned me into rock as well as country, blues, etc. One of the stipulations when my parents paid for guitar lessons was that I "learn to play everything, not just rock." These videos bring back fond memories.

Perhaps the jokes sometimes overshadowed the playing on Hee Haw, but I would say it was VERY well known that the cat cold really play.

well maybe I misspoke, I always knew the guy could rip.. Roy and Glenn Campbell were early inspirations for me when I was a chubby lil 9 year old in my jammies playin with GI-Joe's in front of the TV.. Another great talent from that crowd / era was Jerry Reid.

well maybe I misspoke, I always knew the guy could rip.. Roy and Glenn Campbell were early inspirations for me when I was a chubby lil 9 year old in my jammies playin with GI-Joe's in front of the TV.. Another great talent from that crowd / era was Jerry Reid.

Jerry, was Awesome! [thumbup]

CB

Archived