Gibson Brands Forums

Fender new Parallel Universe Series

Rabs

So check these then

https://www.gearnews.com/leak-fender-parallel-universe-jaguar-strat-troublemaker-tele-whiteguard-strat-jazz-tele/

Fender Limited Edition Jaguar Strat

All we know about this guitar is that will probably have an Alder body with a nitro paint finish, a modern 25.5″ scale length Deep C neck profile with a rosewood board and 22 tall/narrow frets.

It is likely to be loaded with American Vintage ’65 Jaguar single coil pickups and has a Jaguar trem system.

hqzXXrp.jpg

Fender Limited Edition Troublemaker Tele

The Troublemaker Tele comes loaded with WFR Wide-Range pickups a 2T in the bridge and a 1T in the neck position. These pickups are controlled by a two volume, two tone control setup with a three-way toggle switch.

An Adjuto-Matic bridge is fitted to the mahogany body, which has a maple top and the guitar has a Deep C mahogany neck with a 22-fret rosewood fretboard.

A very Gibson-esque Fender Telecaster indeed!

VbWPp15.jpg

qGZU7eB.jpg

Fender Limited Edition Jazz Tele

The new Jazz Tele is the polar opposite of a Telemaster-style guitar and is a Telecaster-shaped Jazzmaster, with a smaller non-offset body, but with Jazzmaster pickups, electronics and hardware.

This one is ash with a maple neck and a rosewood fretboard. It comes loaded with a pair of Pure Vintage ’65 Jazzmaster pickups. All that is missing is the Rhythm Circuit that a normal Jazzmaster would have, but essentially this one is a Jazzmaster for players that don’t like offsets.

w8lnRP0.jpg

iCsRtrU.jpg

Fender Limited Edition Whiteguard Strat

This one is a hybrid Stratocaster and Telecaster in Vintage Blonde and a single ply white pickguard. The Whiteguard Strat comes loaded with a pair of Custom Shop ’51 Nocaster pickups and a Telecaster bridge, control layout.

UVv2iaT.jpg

Fender Limited Edition Strat Tele Hybrid

The Strat Tele Hybrid is a mix of Telecaster and Stratocaster styles, likely with an ash body and a maple neck. It is the oddest looking of the lot in my opinion – but we don’t have any more details at the time of writing.

spO76Vo.jpg

You know what Strats and Teles look like and you say to yourself did some stoned guy in CA now put the wrong parts on.

lol!

I agree. The tele pickguard on the strat looks wrong. And the strat pg on the tele looks ridiculous.

They must be running out of ideas.

Maybe they actually invented a machine that takes them to a parallel universe and just brought some back from Fender on the other side :)

I actually like them just cos they are different.. But then anyone who has seen some of my early guitar builds will know that :D

When I made this. The idea was a double cut telecaster with Gibson scale length and controls well roughly anyway...

TGgHP6z.jpg

Pot is legal in California now, well... This is what you get. [blink]

Oh, shoot...this is funny. Yeah, this is just the beginning. I predict you're gonna see some real innovation from California...avocados that are shaped like bananas, oranges that taste like steak, cheese that shakes like salt...you get the idea.

Oh, and when the "Big One" hits, nobody will care...

Hows about this then. The Eric Johnson semi-hollow Strat

[thumbdn]

Naah....

The original EJ Strat has a bound neck. rct has one.

The F-hole doesn't add anything but might have if (gimmick) they'd made it in the shape of the Fender F.

[thumbdn]

Naah....

The original EJ Strat has a bound neck. rct has one.

The first one was maple fingerboard, no binding. He was at Philly Phall couple years before the RW came out and told a few of us that as much as we liked the current EJ, the maple one, we were going to love the next one. He was right, I hunted for years and had given up and ran into TWO of them on my 55th birthday.

The F-hole doesn't add anything but might have if (gimmick) they'd made it in the shape of the Fender F.

I could take the silly fake semi-holler F hole thing if the color was right. But then I'd have to get the first one so I would have all three EJs.

I only know the Cliffs song by him and I don't have any records of his. He's a nice guy, we go way back on the old usenet rec.music.makers.guitar.

rct

Archived