Gibson Brands Forums

Prayers and well wishes for our friend Tman

Californiaman

Mate, my heart goes out to you and your family but I’m so glad to hear that none of you were hurt, or worse.

Fire like that is unimaginable and the terror that it has you in when its approaching is beyond belief.

We’ve been in a threat situation 3 times and with the worst drought ever Australia will be susceptible to such apocalyptic events as soon as a few weeks from now.

However this is about you and I’m just so glad you are alright.

Thanks everyone. It’s surreal. There’s nothing I can do to stay sane right now so I check email and come back here. And als talk with the insurance people.

Playing guitar and having musician best friends has been an important part of my life since around 1972. I lost 3 acoustics and 5 electric guitars. Devastating. I have scoured the photos my neighbor sent and even asked him if anything is salvageable. He said it’s dust.

Life goes on. Thanks again folks.

My thoughts from the UK and I hope you get a good start again Tman.

What I can't understand is, why aren't the forces being used? Surely the Air Force have things that could have been used? Spray a water mist into the air?

It's such a widespread disaster, there doesn't seem to be enough people to control it.

With the people that have died, the army could have helped to evacuate them.

It seems a half arsed effort by the biggest power in the west.

My sympathies go to the families that have lost their loved ones.

This is terrible, Tman. I hope you will be fine. Maybe I can also help you as regards electric guitars.

This year I made attempts to agree with Gibson to release active guitars (with pickups of my design). It was probably a little at the wrong time. Now is the new leadership and in the near future I will resume my attempts.

I am so sorry, T-Man.... no words. I can't imagine.....

These fires have been so devastating to so many. I have friends who were evacuated from their homes up in the Thousand Oaks, Augora Hills, Calabasas, etc. areas. Thankfully, they've all returned home recently to relatively minor "damages". These fires are so unpredictable... and it's only getting worse.

My thoughts are with all those Californians who've been effected.

It was just on the news here in the UK that there are hundreds of people missing. Shouldn't the forces be helping by now? It's a massive disaster that you could see coming a year ago.

Why has it been allowed to get out of control? I've seen conspiracy theories on it and it makes me wonder about land grab.

Archived