Gibson Brands Forums

new B.B. King "Lucille" - in white

Rabs

I immediately thought the same thing!

You cant say alpine white without saying white..

But seriously. Thats the stupid world we live in now where the words black and white come with so much implication

Is just a bloody guitar :)

But seriously. Thats the stupid world we live in now where the words black and white come with so much implication

It must be worse over there? I have a black car and Deb loves white cars. We use names of colors without fearing about offending someone. If something like a white guitar does offend someone then that person needs to get a life. It is a beautiful guitar for sure, but if I was to get a Lucille it would be an older one with a Ebony fretboard. That's Black by the way.msp_flapper.gif

Nice in white, but I prefer the usual black. My favourite guitars BB used was his cherry and walnut ES-355's in the 70's, prior to him having the official Lucille...however, I think he did briefly use an ES 5 earlier on in his career.

Oh I know! The PC police jump all over everything these days. It's sad that we are so aware of it that when we see something like this our minds immediately jump to those thoughts. Like you said it's a product of the silly world we live in.

Oh yeah! I like that to go with my black BB King guitar... but how much is it now? msp_flapper.gif

...and will Alpine White stain (smokey or pinkish stains) like all the previous models? I just got over and accepted all the dark stains and pink stains on my Alpine White nitro Les Paul.

Just saw the price...$5,499. That's better than the past issue with $7,000.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived