Gibson Brands Forums

Do you have a guard cat?

Mr. Gibson

I’ve got a cat. The cats name is Chili, my last 3 cats were all named Chili, all 3 I got from the Humane Society. But this cat is different because she is mean as a rattlesnake and never stops running her mouth. Should have named her after my ex-wife. 

• Like 1

No, my last one was a Grey Persian and he was just great but there's too much traffic around here.  It's heartbreaking when they get run over.

Instead, I keep guard reptiles.  People seem to find giant snakes and monitor lizards off putting for some unknown reason.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, SteveFord said:

No, my last one was a Grey Persian and he was just great but there's too much traffic around here.  It's heartbreaking when they get run over.

Instead, I keep guard reptiles.  People seem to find giant snakes and monitor lizards off putting for some unknown reason.

Do you really have a monitor lizard or are you pulling our legs?  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rct said:

I didn't know Brutus but I would like to have.

rct

🙂  Yes he was just an incredible animal..   Very charismatic... I have met many cats and dogs in my life and he really was a special one (even though I am sure all pet owners feel like that about their animals).

• Like 1

Ichabod is 15 now, and starting to show the miles.  Since I retired him and I have gotten really close, CatBros, but he is his MomCat's Cat.  We still ache bad from the loss of his sister Prudence 5 years ago.

rct

• Like 2

Had 2 cats and both were eaten by coyotes at our place. Here are our 2 dogs, both rescue dogs.

The big girl b!tch in the foreground is half boxer and half staffordshire bull terrier. She is a great guard dog. She is not nice.

The other dog is half German Shepard and half coyote. Not kidding. He did not eat the cats btw.

QFzpBlQ.jpg

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Tman said:

Had 2 cats and both were eaten by coyotes at our place. Here are our 2 dogs, both rescue dogs.

The big girl b!tch in the foreground is half boxer and half staffordshire bull terrier. She is a great guard dog. She is not nice.

The other dog is half German Shepard and half coyote. Not kidding. He did not eat the cats btw.

QFzpBlQ.jpg

Good looking hounds. I like the half coyote one especially. He looks like he's dreaming of a cat sandwich or maybe just meditating.

53 minutes ago, Mr. Gibson said:

Good looking hounds. I like the half coyote one especially. He looks like he's dreaming of a cat sandwich or maybe just meditating.

😂 If you look at videos of coyote behavior, he is classic. He was extremely skittish when we got him. He had been returned to the shelter twice by people that said he was too skittish. He loves other dogs though and that's why we first got him so she would have company. He has completely warmed up for me and my wife now (took a year to even pet him).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tman said:

Had 2 cats and both were eaten by coyotes at our place.

Nice dogs you got there!

Coyote is Enemy #1 for domestic cats.  Whenever we come home with some good coyote recordings from out west we play them when the cats are bad.  Man, they pay attention to that sound.

rct

• Like 1

18 hours ago, rct said:

...We still ache bad from the loss of his sister Prudence 5 years ago.

rct

I remember your post telling us of her passing. Very moving it was. She really was one of the most beautiful cats I've ever seen. And of course Brutus, too, Rabs. Very sad to hear both those pieces of news.

Sounds trite, I know, but keep them in your hearts and memories and at least some part of their lives will remain for you to love and cherish.

Pip.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...