Gibson Brands Forums

Covid19 How many in your state or country?

Mr. Gibson

11 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Somewhere about 20 minutes away from Greenville, North Carolina I went to a Mennonite or an Amish place that serves breakfast. Those guys can cook a breakfast. They have this stuff that's not syrup it's like a thick goopy stuff you put on your pancakes. I would love to rub that all over Jennifer Aniston.

I think youd have a better chance rubbing it on your self

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jvi said:

I think youd have a better chance rubbing it on your self

I know but can't a man dream a little. I know don't you acoustic guys dream of the day you walk into a pawn shop and there's a mint 1943 J-45 for $100.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

I know but can't a man dream a little. I know don't you acoustic guys dream of the day you walk into a pawn shop and there's a mint 1943 J-45 for $100.

Liklihood of either  is about the same.   Though Jennifer might be a possibility when she's 80 years old.  Just tell her it will remove the wrinkles in her wrinkles. 

2 hours ago, fortyearspickn said:

Liklihood of either  is about the same.   Though Jennifer might be a possibility when she's 80 years old.  Just tell her it will remove the wrinkles in her wrinkles. 

She is just a year older or younger than me I believe, so I'll be wrinkley too. I'll take her 

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

32 minutes ago, SteveFord said:

Baby, you're wrinklicous, let's both take our teeth out this time.

If she took her teeth out - I would recline.

She could even go ahead and eat the label.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Like 1

Apparently in all states of Australia...(drumroll) pubs are open! - to limited extent in most areas. According to mainstream media this is the most critical news for the nation today. 😐

...so I guess its over? 

8 minutes ago, 'Scales said:

Apparently in all states of Australia...(drumroll) pubs are open! - to limited extent in most areas. According to mainstream media this is the most critical news for the nation today. 😐

...so I guess its over? 

I am really curious to see what will happen in the Southern Hemisphere.  The virus came to you in your summer.  As you go into the Flu season it's going to be very interesting.  It seems that there have been very few cases in Australia.  If not very many people have had it, then there will be no herd immunity and I would suspect that it should come back fairly significantly.  OTOH, if there have been a lot of asymptomatic or mild infections then maybe not.   For everyone's sake I hope that's the case.   We'll find out soon enough. 

BD - down here we have a federation of states and the Federal and State Gov's formed a cabinet and have worked really well together regardless of which party is in power in various states. They developed a plan for both health and economic crises. For health the plan was control the spread (medium lockdown) to provide time to get all medical, tracing and testing requirements in place so that we can gradually reopen and then manage outbreaks. For economics, employers are paid an allowance which is passed on to workers they keep on the books during the crisis even if their business is in hibernation with a view to then getting back to work as soon as practical. The unemployment benefit is doubled for six months to help ensure the unemployed and previously part time employed have money to live on and people cannot be evicted from homes.

On the health front, due to social distancing/hygiene, stay at home if unwell or work from home practices (plus flu vaccination to assist in having less people get sick and have to stay home) our flu numbers dropped from 18000 last April to 230 this April (if we don't have a lot of covid deaths our overall covid+flu deaths may be less than last year... but thats yet to play out). We are about as ready as we can be I guess, and that's all you can ask for. We have 98 deaths so far - mainly nursing homes, cruise ships and international travellers. Some state borders still closed to interstate travellers/tourists.

Focus is now on the economy and getting people back to work. We at least have a shot at it if people do the right thing. We have had no real protests...maybe because the health plan has been effective and Gov united, and we have generally had shops well stocked after first few weeks...our people are just getting on with it and accepting the sacrifices required in the main. Our unemployment rate will be high - 10% or more, the economy will suffer especially in global trade terms, and some positive social reforms will likely take place.

It'll be different and considerably tougher than in the past, no avoiding that. Tourism, airlines and real estate will likely suffer most. Our mates in New Zealand went into full lockdown and have very few cases left so that strategy seems to have worked for them. I don't think either country would swap situations with other western nations at this stage, but more pain will inevitably follow. Sorry for long reply, but thats our situation in a nutshell.

We had 923 of us here in PA kick the bucket yesterday from this virus.

Being bored, I checked to see what the normal average death rate here is and the last year that figures were published was 2017.

In 2017 we averaged 371 deaths per day from accidentally dropping plugged in toasters into the bath tub to stepping in front of giant corn threshers to being eaten by pterodactyls.  

Quite the jump.

15 minutes ago, SteveFord said:

I'm looking at Australia and thinking what the hell, how did they do so good?  Why are we such a disaster?  

https://www.yahoo.com/news/georgias-coronavirus-numbers-made-reopening-183733274.html

There's only 9 people on Oz land, but about a million kangaroos.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

16 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

There's only 9 people on Oz land, but about a million kangaroos.

yup - gotta watch them Roos - they turn killer vampire on a full moon.😁

For the record, Oz - 25 million people (99 deaths), New Zealand 5million (21 deaths),  Papua New Guinea 9 million (zero deaths).... not sure how many kangaroos, but I'd say way more than people! (Not sure how they are going with the virus, they are a pretty relaxed mob). 

...and we are all hoping the US, UK and others get well soon 🙏- we need you to be.

3 minutes ago, 'Scales said:

yup - gotta watch them Roos - they turn killer vampire on a full moon.😁

For the record, Oz - 25 million people (99 deaths), New Zealand 5million (21 deaths),  Papua New Guinea 9 million (zero deaths).... not sure how many kangaroos, but I'd say way more than people! (Not sure how they are going with the virus, they are a pretty relaxed mob). 

...and we are all hoping the US, UK and others get well soon 🙏- we need you to be.

Now we got Vampire Roo McNuggets too. Oh the horror.

21 hours ago, SteveFord said:

We had 923 of us here in PA kick the bucket yesterday from this virus.

Being bored, I checked to see what the normal average death rate here is and the last year that figures were published was 2017.

In 2017 we averaged 371 deaths per day from accidentally dropping plugged in toasters into the bath tub to stepping in front of giant corn threshers to being eaten by pterodactyls.  

Quite the jump.

Where did you see that number?  I've checked a bunch of different sites and I can't find that.  The data below comes from the State's website.

2jBMxIVl.png

https://www.health.pa.gov/topics/disease/coronavirus/Pages/Death-Data.aspx

We "Go Yellow" this Friday.

This should be interesting.  

We're  at 857 cases today, I am going to predict 2500 on 6/22/2020.  

Hope I'm wrong!

The State Reps who are pushing this as being so great for us still have their offices closed and are working from home.

• Thanks 1