Gibson Brands Forums

The Studio club

jrseriel

Hello Studio owners! I have seen some very beautiful of them here! But where are "the whites"? Are they hidden? I show the 2 types of white Studios:The first is the Classic White; I bought it in summer 2008 but Gibson changed it cause a defect... And when it happened Classic white was just discontinued...

So i decided to get the Alpine white! :- she is very pretty too' date=' and it goes better than the Classic (I don't know why...)

I hope you like it, and I hope you can excuse me bad English (I'm from Spain).

Bye![/quote']

Thank you for posting your photo's, welcome to the forum and congratulations on your beautiful LP's!!!

Your English is good and much better than most of the forum members' Spanish (exceping TG's of course. And daveinspain...etc....etc...)

Actually, your English is better than a lot of the native English speaking forum members' English as well..........

Thank you very much Pippy! You are going to make me blush jeje. I like English and I try my best (with my friend the dictionary!) but... :)

Scottierocker, I have a question to you: Is the bridge of your LP a ABR-1 or a Nasville? If is the first, i would like to know its function... I have read that the sound is much better and you get more sustain, and I would like to know if this is really true.

There is a way to "convert" Nashville to "ABR-1" by changing only the screws to other that are contacting the wood...

Thanks to everyone! Bye from Spain.

• 2 weeks later...
I've finally gotten around to getting a better pic of my "Bandit". I went against the forum's advice and gotta pickguard. It's tinted grey' date=' I think this hot-rod looks good with tinted glass...

[img']http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u159/hard_core_scott/LesPaulStudio2-1.jpg[/img]

I agree with you... Keep the pickguard. It wasn't in the way in the first place... It just added a little more "depth" to the guitar... The tinted glass was awesome...=P~

I have the exact same guitar as you

How does it play for you?

Yeah, I noted that in your thread about the B string.

Mine plays great. I love the fat neck, nice action, a little weight so I know I'm holding something and the pickups handle vintage stuff as well as balls-out rock.

Yeah' date=' I noted that in your thread about the B string.

Mine plays great. I love the fat neck, nice action, a little weight so I know I'm holding something and the pickups handle vintage stuff as well as balls-out rock.[/quote']

When I was into Metallica back in the day (and I mean REALLY into), I decided to put some active EMG's into my LP. I think I'm gonna put the stock pickups back in though and see how they sound cause i completely forgot how they sound compared to the EMG. I might mess around with some seymour duncans i have lyrin around too but I've gotten into Stone Temple Pilots and i know Dean Deleo uses the 498 and 480 or whatev they are called so hopefully it works out for me. And not to mention get new saddles to fix my damn strings. I think I might try a push-pull pot even though i have no ****in idea what it will do with teh sound... but only one way to find out!

Good to hear your LP is treatin ya better than mine is treatin me [-(

I've finally gotten around to getting a better pic of my "Bandit". I went against the forum's advice and gotta pickguard. It's tinted grey' date=' I think this hot-rod looks good with tinted glass...

[img']http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u159/hard_core_scott/LesPaulStudio2-1.jpg[/img]

How did you go about applying the decal? My LP def wouldnt look good with decals due to its color but my strat and ibanez might

Hi everyone.

I´ve got the same studio as Flight959' date=' Are the pickups the same as all other studios or are they Burstbucker Pros.

The Burstbucker Pros is what i´ve heard but im not sure :o[/quote']

The Vintage mahogany (More of a brown colour)has the BB's, the worn cherry has the 490 and the 498... Both very respectable pickups, however I wanted one with BB's as I already have a Gibson with the 490 and 498....

• 9 months later...
Yaff' date=' are those top hat knobs stock? I really like those on your guitar. I have them on my 335 but never

thought about putting them on my Studio.

Beautiful Standard or is it a Traditional[/quote']

No, I paid about £8 for them from a mail order company. So easy to install and in my opinion, looks much better then the original Speed Dials.

The other LP 2s my 08 Standard, glad you like her.

If you are wondering, the Pink acoustic belongs to my 10 year old girl, honestly[biggrin]

I would never judge a man and a pink guitar.

Its great your daughter plays no matter what the color.

The funny thing is' date=' my passion for the guitar only kicked off again when I picked up the pink guitar ! So I could help her learn, I picked up my Strat which had been stored away in it`s case for 3 + years and have since been playing every nigh and purchased two new LP`s + the Orange amp. Not that I have any regrets.[cool

She is now learning the classical guitar at school and jams with me once or twice a week. Learning how to play and read music at this age should give her the perfect foundations for future.

All the best