Gibson Brands Forums

200 Les Paul Standard Gold Top

Andrew Ibarra

Difficult to see from the photos but I don't think so. 

Have the bridge posts got screw slots? If so, it's not authentic.   And I don't think the binding is over the fret ends either - though it could have been refretted.

The headstock does not appear to have the 'wings' that Gibson headstocks do, or the volute in use during the 1970s.  Also the top part of it looks wrong.

https://www.google.com/search?q=gibson+les+paul+back+of+headstock+pics&tbm=isch&ved=2ahUKEwjc8KS5i4zuAhUPmhoKHZmjDqEQ2-cCegQIABAA&oq=gibson+les+paul+back+of+headstock+pics&gs_lcp=CgNpbWcQA1CQWVivaWD3bWgAcAB4AYABUIgBzAOSAQE3mAEBoAEBqgELZ3dzLXdpei1pbWfAAQE&sclient=img&ei=vC74X9yiNI-0apnHuogK&bih=1086&biw=1920&client=firefox-b-d

I think it's very unlikely to be a real 1976 Norlin Gibson.

Best wishes.

the pictures are not good enough at all to determine authenticity.

if the deal is too good to be true............

People who are selling stuff  usually know what they have and what legit prices are.

there are many fish in the sea,, move on.

• Like 1

On 1/8/2021 at 8:20 PM, kidblast said:

the pictures are not good enough at all to determine authenticity.

if the deal is too good to be true............

People who are selling stuff  usually know what they have and what legit prices are.

there are many fish in the sea,, move on.

Come on the serial number and Made In USA in the wrong font and size screams Faker McFaker Pants.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, kidblast said:

you can tell that from THAT photo?  you've to a better eye for this than I do brutha..

I can, and the Made In USA is in the wrong spot. It should be a lot lower between the tuners. Looks on your Gibson's and compare. Gibson might apply finish over the stamped serial number too.

16 minutes ago, Dub-T-123 said:

The pics are not good but you can see large slotted bridge posts, rounded tailpiece studs, wrong color paint, and possibly a lack of headstock wings

did not notice that, but yes  another red flag. 

16 minutes ago, Dub-T-123 said:

The pics are not good but you can see large slotted bridge posts, rounded tailpiece studs, wrong color paint, and possibly a lack of headstock wings

Sgt.. after looking at that a bit, yea..you're right

Edited by kidblast

25 minutes ago, Dub-T-123 said:

Damn I didn't even see it didn't have the wings on the edges of the stock.